TRIAL | Xrealm Sha?tan - Warlock (Pending X-fer)

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL | Xrealm Shaítan - Warlock (Pending X-fer)

Postby Shaítan » Fri May 09, 2008 3:51 am

Hello everyone in Serenity:)

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Shaítan (the í can be written by pressing Alt+161). I changed my name a couple of months ago, it used to be Wolfbrother. Changed it because it was not very locky:)

Class and build: Warlock, 0/21/40 destruction
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... a%C3%ADtan

As a comment to my gear: I am mostly in crafted and t4 level gear. But to my defence, i am waiting for t5 shoulders to drop (i have the most dkp of the classes than can use the t5 token), ive been outrolled on both Wub's Cursed Hexblade and Hood of Hexing lately, so with more luck i could have had a bit better gear. I am also only a few badges away from the new badges gloves, and still waiting to see if Nalorakk will drop the bracers.

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): On Aerie Peak i was a member of Angelus Mortifera, Eightball, Belvedere and Purgatory.

Why did you leave your former guilds?: Angelus Mortifera i joined when i was a newbie, they were all closing in on 70 while i was still around level 30-40. When i reached about 58, my RL friend started the guild Eightball. I leveled to 70 there. We wanted to start raiding and soon merged with Belvedere, a guild that raided Kara and Gruul. The officers there (exept the GM, was really acting bad. They spammed raidchat, telling people to shut up, l2p(!) and so on. After a while i had enough and left them, and soon my friends followed.

But i wanted to raid more and i was approached by an officer in Purgatory and soon joined them. Purgatory is a fantastic guild. Great and friendly officers, nice atmosphere in guild chat and helpful people. The guild also has good players and a good progress. The problem in the guild is that it is a "casual" raiding guild. Not casual in terms that we dont raid often (mostly there is 6 10/25 man raids scheduled per week). The problem is that the casual atmosphere makes people slack when they sign for raids. Often we have 23 signups and raid is cancelled. Other times 27 people sign up, but only 24 shows up. The GM is doing his best to sanction people that do this, but it doesnt help. Im now getting tired of this, since i want to see more of the end game content. It is a very hard decision to make, but i dont see that it will get better any time soon:(

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)? I started playing a week after TBC was out, so i have no pre-TBC experience exept for a fun raid in ZG and MC as level 70.

In TBC i have cleared Kara, Gruul, Maggy and is at the moment at 3/6 SSC, 1/4 TK and 5/6 ZA.

Why do you want to join Serenity? One of my friends in Purgatory felt the same way as i did and transfered to Bronzebeard to join a guild here (Lex Talionis). I saw your guild on wowjutsu, and checked your webpage to see if you are recruiting. After reading the rules and info on your forum stickies, i decided to make an application. I guess your rules and goals appealed to me:) The fact that you are full on warlocks is of course not promising to my application, but i will never have a chance if i dont try:)

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No i do not.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? No, sorry:( but Animis in the romanian guild Lex Talionis maybe can:)

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time? Yes, i can raid all those days and also the days you dont raid (fun runs, kara etc). Actually the fact that you start at 9pm is good for me since every third weekend i have to work, and sometimes isnt home until 7-8pm.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not? I usually check forums for my guild every day. So that will not be a problem.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)? Yes, i always bring 40-50+ shards, 30+ super mana potions, 20+ super healing potions, 5-10 destruction potions, 30+ bandages, 10+ superior wizard oil, 2+ flask of pure death, 25+ spelldamage food, 15+ elixir of draenic wisdom and 15+ elixir of major shadow power. I always try to enchant and gem so i get the best out of my gear. Always aiming for hitcap->damage->crit. I know that haste scales very good for damage, but at my current gear level, this isnt a priority.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

I would like to add something. I know that my application most likely will be denied for obvious reasons (my gear lacking/being some bosses behind you in experience/full on warlocks), but i want to give it a shot anyways.

I cant offer you anything other than a friendly, honest and skilled diciple. I know my role as a warlock, i can do good dps, i can cc the mobs my cl/rl wants me to and i can learn. If i fail, i can promise that next time i will give 100% to do it 100% better. Of course i expect things from you too, but after reading on the forums i think you can provide those things to me: A mature, friendly and progressing guild.

Thank you for reading my application.

Best regards

Shaítan
Shaítan

Postby Theseus » Fri May 09, 2008 9:09 am

Greetings Shaítan!

Thanks for the nice complete application (and the Alt Num Pad combo for the special character in your name). As you noted we are full in the Warlocks department however we will review your application. You are encouraged to roll a L1 character on Bronzebeard BEFORE you start the transfer process.

Going over your gear, going by Be Imba, its in a decent range, however I am not a Warlock (my baby 'lock is only L33) so I can't say for certain. Our head Master of Curses and the Shadows can give this Druid a clue. However going by your gear (again), you do not have experiance beyond Heroics/Karazhan/Gruul's. Currently we are in the middle of Black Temple and Mt Hyjal. The likely chance of us going back to SSC/TK other than to claim Vashj/Kael's head is pretty slim. The fights in BT/MH are much less forgiving than H/KZ/GU.
Theseus

Postby Adamantite » Fri May 09, 2008 9:49 am

Hello Shaitan.

Do you read Brian Lumley, or where did you come up with that name? :-)
I seem only to track you back to march. Did you have a name change? Could you please provide your former name(s)?

/Aiwendel
Adamantite

Postby Mjölnir » Fri May 09, 2008 9:54 am

Hey Shaítan !

Thank you for your application, when i saw that sentence about "casual" raiding i was reminded of us some months ago :) But we sorted this subjects out and now its going good.

I checked your gear, its not bad but some points:

Critrating with nearly 20% is nice, that stat is set :)

Hitrating 223 is too high The Hitcap is 202, over that number every point in that stat is humm useless. Try to get some critgear insted of 1 hititem maybe.

Shadowspelldmg 1072, thats a bit low, especially since its with Felarmor buffed. You should have around that without the Felarmor.

The 2 items i would change on your gear is the 2 trinkets. The Scryers Trinket would be a nice first target to replace since it gives hitrating which you have anyway too much. Perfect Replacement would be the Icon of the Silver Crescent, which is rather cheap to get for 41 Badges. The Darkmoon Fairy Trinket is quite nice (have it too) but i use it only on bosses. My Combo is Icon of Silver Crescent/Hex Head and a Macro that activates both trinkets with shadowbolt whenever they are avaiable.

Ok now about the Warlockranks in serenity:
The Situation is atm like that that we have 4 Warlocks that are raiding quite regulary. From the Raidlayout 4 locks in 25s are good, so that 4 spots are taken in the current situation. However, we always wanted 5 regular players in each class, and we also have some rotation in other classes. So i would say you make a lvl1 on bronzebeard, and we have a chat first. After that i can talk to the other officers/locks about you and we will decide then.
Mjölnir

Postby Guest » Fri May 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Hey and thanks for so quick and good responses:)

I will try and answer your questions the best i can:)

Theseus: hey, and thank you for a nice reply:) It is true that i havent got much experience from 25 man raids compared to you guys, but i have some experience from TK/SSC:) (not too much though, but i will learn fast):).

About that alt, can i make it later and maybe we can have a chat tomorrow? What times after 18.00 suits you? Tell me, and ill be there:)

Aiwendel: Hey and thank you for replying too:) Well, i needed to change my old name (Wolfbrother) because it was not very warlocky (more like a hunter name tbh). Wolfbrother i originally called him because of the australian rock band Wolfmother:) And march could be correct as time of name change:) M

y current name is based on a name i remembered from a book series called The Wheel of Time (sha'tan). If i dont remember wrong it was the name of the shadow/flamey demon "boss" on the books. Anyways, i checked the name on wikipedia and got a long list of demon names. And there i found Shaitan. In arabic/islamic lore a Shaitan is a demon or the devil:) kinda suits a lock in my opinion:)

Mjölnir: Hey and thank you for your reply:)

I really appreciate your feedback on my gear, but i try to have a plan with it;)

my crit is decent but will be improved by gems, gear etc. My spellhit is over the cap, this is because i want some space for other gear. As you see my gloves have alot of spellhit. Im getting the badge crit gloves, and with a +20 spelldamage on those i will be below hitcap again. But then im planning for the corruptor shoulders and these will provide more spellhit to my gear. If i get Wubs cursed hexblade, i will be at ~200spellhit that i can gem up to 204. If i get a caster blade without spellhit, i can put +15 spellhit on gloves and be capped:)

My spelldamage is a bit low yes, i do have the Icon of Silver Crescent in my bags and use it on thrash and bosses where i need to move alot:) And i do have my trinkets macroed:) everytime one is ready, its popped:)

And i will make a lvl 1 warlock alt later tonight, hope we can agree on a time tomorrow as we (maybe) have a raid tonight:P

I really hope this has answered your questions:) if not, feel free to ask me about anything:)

PS: i can link our wowwebstats if you want to have a look at my raid performances. Im usually decently high on trash, and about 1-5 on bosses (not trying to brag, might backfire since my memory is a bit short on the stats:D)

PS: sorry if something in this post doesnt make sence or is badly explained, had a rough sleepless night and a stressful day at the office today:/

Best regards

Shaítan

Postby Theseus » Fri May 09, 2008 4:30 pm

Also Shaítan was one term used for Raistlin, one of the most powerful figures ever known in the Dragonlance setting (only his son, Palin, was more powerful than him).

Regarding my response, its my duty to deal with (aka shoot down) nublets who try to join this guild. Your application did not trigger my "AntiNublet" systems. Besides I always try to be nice, even when I am having a bad day.

Regarding chatting us, you can talk to any of the Officers later in the evening as most of us are on then.
Theseus

Postby Guest » Fri May 09, 2008 4:44 pm

Sounds like i picked a good name then:) i love it:)

Its good to hear that im not marked as a nublet, i dont consider myself one:)

Yes, i will come online later tonight and will most likely whisper Mjölnir since he is the lock CL, if hes not on ill whisper one of the other officers:)

And i just found out our 25 man is canceled, ZA tonight...well, maybe ill get my dagger or bracer then:)

Postby Allanna » Fri May 09, 2008 8:10 pm

sounds like a solid app from another supreme ruler! Even though I am now back and raiding, i maybe cant raid 'every single' raid like i used 2, so it would deffo make sense to have 5 active locks. Apart from that. Im quite sure that in a lot of circumstance, jura might not be opposed to using 5 locks in a raid, as we poon all you 'sword wielding minions!

Good luck with the app, fellow follower of darkness
Allanna

Postby Shaítan » Fri May 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Hey allanna:) yes, locks rules supreme:) thank you for a nice reply:)

The ZA raid was going a bit late tonight and im very tired after work today, so i think what ill log in on Bronzebeard for a chat tomorrow night:)

Best regards

Shaítan
Shaítan

Postby Tusvor » Sun May 11, 2008 9:31 am

Muahahahaha......welcome to the twilight zone.....hope to cya ingame fellow ruler of the dark :D
Tusvor

Postby Shaítan » Mon May 12, 2008 1:21 am

Hey guys!

Well i have left Purgatory now, and started the transfer! It has been a hard night for me, i loved that guild:/ But i hope i will love my new guild equally much:)

Im really looking forward to joining you, get to know you and raid with you:)

See you in game in a few days:)

Shaítan
Shaítan

Postby Mjölnir » Mon May 12, 2008 8:29 am

Looking forward to see you in game :)
Mjölnir

Return to Recruitment