DENIED l Nortrom

Moderator: Officers

DENIED l Nortrom

Postby Nortrom » Fri May 02, 2008 11:10 pm

( X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):

Nortrom

Portugal

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Recently changed to -
41/20/0
I previously was in Survival spec but changed since the class leader suggested that my equip wasn't good enough for Survival.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

Be Imba
Armory Light

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
The Conclave, Sacrament, Wheeler Dealers

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Well The Conclave was disbanded to form Past Tense. Sacrament was a small very casual guild and i left since i want to be on end-game raids. Did some raids with Wheeler Dealers but their raiding schedule was a little early for me. The raids started at 8pm server time, and I arrive home from work about that time, so I had to skip dinner to attend raids.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?

Started playing when TBC came out so no pre-TBC experience.
In TBC did Kharazan and Grulls.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Well you seem like a very casual, well established guild and your raiding time is more suitable for me then my previous guild.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Nop.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Don't think so.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Usually i play most of Sunday so no problem there. Weekdays i usually take 1 or 2 nights off (from my girlfriend :P) and play, so there should be no problem with the schedule.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Hell yes. My work sometimes get boring and spend some time online. So its easier for me to sign on the website.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
Yep. Usually take at least 10 of each (except oils just need one with some charges)

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X ) YES ( ) NO

( X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
( X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

A little about me and my application

Hello i just wanted to add a few words. I am going to be as straight forward as i can (even though it might not help my application :P) but i think its only fair that I tell these things so you know what you get.

As you can see on the top i am 23 years old and i started working less then a year ago. Although the job is OK, I need to drive 30 min to get there and another 30 min to get back. So I usually get home (or any other place i can play) at 8.00 (server time). This means I can raid at 9.00 but
unfortunately there might be days i only log a few minutes before 9 :(.

I know my gear isn't that great but i am ready to work hard to upgrade and be at my best.

I am a very passionate gamer, organized and always full of good humor (except when my bloody supervisor decides to add another feature to the project... :evil: ). I usually organize my life so that I can play uninterrupted for the evening.

The next few days (till 10th of May) i am going to be with some major hangovers. Still gonna play a bit but less often. Fell free to mail or add me to you msn (just don't add me to naughty newsletters :D ). .

Nortrom

Postby Theseus » Sat May 03, 2008 12:17 am

Nortrom,

Thanks you for your rather complete application. Its rather nice to see someone put some effort into their application (a Be Imba report!). We will check it over and then do our research. This make take a few days so please be patient (although it appears that won't be an issue, just remember to have someone drive you home :lol:)

Theseus, Serenity Recruitment
Theseus

Postby Paul » Sat May 03, 2008 8:42 am

Hello and thanks for a solid application, I can see you put some time into it unlike some we get.

Your talent build looks good but might be worth taking talents to revive/keep your pet alive rather than thick hide.

With The Violet Eye rep at 4327/6000 you can't have spent much time in Karazhan and all your other faction rep's seem low, work on them they all mainly have rewards to improve your character.

I know my gear isn't that great but i am ready to work hard to upgrade and be at my best.

Your gear does need work I will admit but I won't knock you for it, but I will knock you for not making the most out of the gear you have.
You are seriously lacking in enchants I only count 2 enchants on all your gear.

Your application will be discussed by the officers and we will get back to you asap, good luck with your application :)
Paul

Postby Nortrom » Sat May 03, 2008 9:34 am

Thanks for the complements :D.

Yeah i've only been a few times to Kz. I didn't enchant much stuff since usually a another few runs in there should replace most of my equip, although i've been going to AH, seeing if i can get a bargain for the gem and leg armor enchant (no luck there ofc). Unfortunately never had another chance to get back to Kz (because of the raid start time / weekday issue) :(.

These past days I've been farming rep with shattered sun offensive and finally getting my ass exalted with scryers.

Btw thanks for the input Paul...
Nortrom

Postby Theseus » Sat May 03, 2008 11:13 am

At the very least, try to get Revered with CE for the Head enchant, that will help. Don't forget to get your Bag of Gems every month, you can get lucky and score a raw Blue quality gem which once cut will help save you some gold. Don't forget Heroic dungeons for Badges, the Badge gear is quite good. For extra Badges run the Heroic daily, you get both Badges and Rep with two factions (the Consortium and the faction the instance is associated with)
Theseus

Postby Nortrom » Sat May 03, 2008 11:53 am

I already got the head enchant on my surestrike google (did SP some times for badges and nether ). Only found about the Bag of Gems recently.

Usually when i log in i try to ask guildies or find a pugs for Daily Heroic but by the time i log in most has already done it :(.

As for badges i have +/- 55. I am tempted to spend them on the trinket but i think that the mail legs should be worthwhile.
Nortrom

Postby Paul » Thu May 08, 2008 12:11 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying :(

I'm afraid due to lack of raid/game experience and your slightly low gear for the level of raiding we currently doing, we will decline your application.

But once again thanks for taking the time to actually fill out an application properly.
Paul

Return to Recruitment