DENIED|Fregrins Recruitment Application

Moderator: Officers

DENIED|Fregrins Recruitment Application

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:04 am

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

( X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Fregrin (previous Roguehawk)

Class and build: Druid Feral 0/49/11

Armoury Link =
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=Fregrin

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

Dragon Guards, I also hosted Ventrilo Server if you would like to talk to me please join: IP 78.129.193.10 Port: 3842 Password: Quake4

(Sorry if you consider this an advertisement,that is not my intention simply trying to be contactable.)

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

I am considering leaving Dragon Guards because basically the guild has fallen apart, yesterday in fact the GM left and made me GM, this was done with hardly any communication and was not something i wanted. I have only just hit 70.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?

Not much of anything,but I am able to ask my girlfriend questions,she plays WoW with me (Bethanne) and has experience of raiding Molton Core on her old main char Nysa.

Why do you want to join Serenity?

I would like to join a long standing Guild with whom i can advance in the game and be able to join raids etc.I am also looking for a home, for me and couple of friends ie. Bethanne and Galem where we can contribute to the guilds success.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?

Not really at the moment am searching.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?

I do not believe i know anyone in Serenity,but i could be wrong.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

Yes i can play at those times, they suit me because am home from work and also child is then in bed.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?

I can easily signon to website if that is requirement without a problem, I have hosted www.nomadicjediorder.com and www.dragon-guards.co.nr. So i am aware of website importance.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?

yes,althu I do need to equip my char better,hopefully you can help me with that.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

It seems a reasonable system,not really a fan of DKP!

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals[url][/url]

Postby Theseus » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:01 am

OK, I am going to be honest here. We could not take you as part of our raid team. However from the sounds of things you have the right attitude and you seem to be stable. Those are good strengths, however now here are the bad:

- no Raid experiance. Although your GF has MC experiance, fights in TBC are nothing like MC. I know having been involved in a few Rag kills myself (back in the bad old days were if you wanted to be a raiding Druid, you had to be a healbot) and now at Vashj wipes.

- Gear needs a lot of work.

- From the looks of your reputation and such, you have not been at 70 for very long.

Now things can be changed. First of all, Heroics. Good gear and experiance however most important for later on, Badge of Justice drops. Next, you need to get into Karazhan. The attument has been removed, the quest chain still gets you the key, however its only needed if no one in your raid can open the gates, and even then someone outside the raid can open the gate and you can sneak in. Karazhan is a great learning experiance (kind of like UBRS back during pre TBC), plus the gear inside will be big upgrades over your current gear. You find some early drops to be quite useful. Plus more Badge drops.

Currently a Feral Druid's primary role in raiding is Tanking with a secondary DPS role depending on the situation. However your gear, although OK for dealing with normal mobs outside of an instance, it will not cut the mustard for tanking even in Karazhan or most Heroics. However tanking gear for Kara/Heroics is easy to get:

- Braxxis Staff of Slumber BoE World Drop, can normally be found on the AH. The starter Bear weapon

- Earthwarden Vendor, Exalted with Cenarion Expedition. This is the primary Bear weapon until you get into Serpentshrine Cavern.

- Heavy Clefthoof Boots Crafted, BoE

- Heavy Clefthoof Leggings Crafted, BoE

- Heavy Clefthoof Vest Crafted, BoE

In addition you will want to gem them for Tanking as each Heavy Clefthoof piece has two Gem slots. Either Enduring Talasite (+4 Defense, +6 Stamina) or Thick Dawnstone (+8 Defense). You want to hit the magic number of 415 Defense so you "uncrittable" which will make life easier on your Healers. You also want as much Agility, Dodge, and Armor you can get. If you are close to the Defense cap, then you can make up the difference with +Resilience which is found on PvP gear. Blue grade PvP gear is easy to get once you hit Honored with the various TBC faction as each faction sells a piece of PvP gear. Also don't forget the Arena gear, the Season 1 gear (and later Season 2) is easy to get, along with the Vindicator gear. Just go do AV for the Honor Points (although it is a PvP zone, there is plenty of PvE, just you will get ganked) and go lose some other BGs for the other Badges.

Once you do start running Heroics, then Badge gear is a great place to upgrade your existing gear. You will also want to carry a second set of gear for Cat DPS. You may even want to consider carrying a third set for Healing as there may be times where is better for you to go healbot for a short time. At least carry a healing weapon that can be swapped out in combat so you can fire off some fast heals.

Finally, experiance can be fixed. Get into and tank Magister's Terrace. You will get a small taste of what boss fights will be like in Karazhan and above.
Last edited by Theseus on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theseus

gear

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:11 am

Hi,

Thanks for the advice and no I haven't been 70 long at all unfortunatley. I managed to purchase the boots and leggings, but gems wasn't available on AH. Will keep looking,still would need to find the Chest item. :oops:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby igby » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:19 am

Thanks for the application, but just to let you know we now only raid Black Temple, & Mt. Hyjal, as your experience includes no TBC raiding and you have just hit lvl 70, we would not be able to offer you a raiding slot. Ofcourse not all our members are in the guild for raiding, I expect other officers will look at your application and get back to you shortly.
igby

Guild Application

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:28 am

I do not need to be offered raiding slot if you do not wish,be truthfull wasn't expected straight of the ball. Would be nice be in a guild where i can build on my character with sound advice and help along the way.

Postby Theseus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:57 pm

-- Application Denied --

After some discussion we are declining your application. Simply put, at our level of progression, we cannot take on a "freshly dinged" 70 who is still in leveling Greens and a few Blues with no raid experiance. You would be better suited with a guild that is running Heroics and Karazhan. Follow my advice given in my initial response to your application and best of luck in finding a guild to call home.
Theseus

Return to Recruitment