LEFT |Aniseed - Shadow Priest

Moderator: Officers

LEFT |Aniseed - Shadow Priest

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:06 am

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Instructions:

- Please check the list of classes we are recruiting at the Class/Recruitment Availability
- Copy and paste this form into a new thread in the Recruitment forums.
- Truthfully answer ALL of the questions in the application. Incomplete applications will be denied on sight!

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):

Aniseed (no previous names)

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Priest - Shadow spec (14/0/47)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Aniseed

I have a couple of trinkets I swap around from time to time, so you might see an odd item here or there.

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

Longimanus (I was a founder member)
Commanders of the earth (very very briefly!)

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

Longimanus was a guild formed of friends that met during the 60s (level, not year) and enjoyed the L70 game, so we joined up. Unfortunately getting a guild of 10 or so people to grow is a challenge and the original members have drifted away. I guess I was number 8 or 9 to leave from the original set. No hard feelings with the guys, but even with 30+ members we sometimes struggled to get a 5 man team together, let alone a 10 man raid.

I actually feel a little sad about leaving, but it has got to the point where I was logging on every night just to see if enough people were there to set something up. Increasingly over the past few weeks the number online has been going down, even though membership has remained static. There's really not much for me to log on for at the moment. So essentially I need to make a decision to look elsewhere, or think of something else to do.

I briefly joined Cote as a few of the people I mention above were members, however I joined at a time when the officers were away and the guild chat got kind of offensive, so I left and set out alone for a while!

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?

None pre-TBC. I do have a holy Paladin which was my first character but I really suck at healing.

In TBC I've run Karazhan up to the Chess Event (but no further success) quite a few times. I once helped out another guild (Back Together) with a run at Gruul's Lair. Other than that I've never seen any more of the raid content, and am feeling I'm missing out on things I may never see, particularly with the expansion on the horizon.

Why do you want to join Serenity?

I've heard good things about you guys. In fact I believe a couple of your members helped us fill two spots in our first attempt at the Curator (I will check your guild list to see if I can remember your names!).

I'm really looking for mature players who want to enjoy the raids without the drama I've experienced elsewhere. I have a real life as well, so can't commit to some of the demands of the more hardcore guilds. Having said that I think I've played almost every single day since Christmas trying to make Longimanus work so am a little frazzled now.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?

No. A couple of my friends have joined or are applying for other guilds, but I wanted to investigate the options with Serenity.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?

I don't believe so, unless anyone can remember the shadow priest at her first run in Curator who used all her DOTs on the adds, and had to wand the Curator down! We got him down second time though, and then I proceeded to touch all of his displays...

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?

Yes. I am getting on a bit but think I can keep my eyes open until midnight (I'm in the UK)! Sometimes I do need to work away from home which can prove a challenge. It doesn't happen as much as it used to, and sometimes I don't get a lot of notice. I always have some kind of net access though (wireless permitting) so I should always be in a position to let you know if I'm not able to make a date I had committed to.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

I will almost certainly play more than 2-3 days per week, but am happy to commit to 2 or 3 raids. I don't have an expectation I will go every raid, nor do I hope I'll be letting people down if I can't make it on a particular night.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?

Sure can.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?

I certainly try to! I was one of the Longimanus cooks and never travelled anywhere without a selection of hot treats. I don't have access to anyone to make oils/potions any more but can make sure I have them on me from the AH, or buy from the guild if that's possible.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

I've never heard of it before and will do some more reading. Wowwiki says it is considered fair, and that's cool. I'm not really in it for the loot, I just want to have some fun playing and see some of the content I may never otherwise see.

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Guild members I have played with

Postby Aniseed » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:19 am

Having had a look at your membership, I think it was Tromper and Belowzero that helped us out with The Curator. The guys may remember!

EDIT: Definitely Tromper, he's still in my friends list!

Regards,

Ani
Aniseed

Postby Mikah » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi Aniseed,

Thank you for your application.

Even though you have not much experience in 25man raids, you seem to have very decent gear for your current progression and your choice of gems/talents show good understanding of your class.

We currently have 2 very active shadowpriests, so I will discuss whether we are looking to hire a 3rd one at this point.

If possible, I would like to have a chat with you in-game.

Cheers!
Mikah

Thanks!

Postby Aniseed » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Many thanks for such a prompt reply!

Yes I am afraid I discovered elitistjerks and shadowpriest.com and follow their advice to the letter...! It does make it difficult actually as there's very very little I can do to improve my character without finding a way past Karazhan, which is a challenge to say the least!

Whisper me anytime in game. I did pop the application in as you seemed to have a post open but of course I realise you may already have those bases covered.

EDIT: and having checked the edit time on the "available positions" post I can see it was very out of date! Apologies I should have been more thorough, but looking forward to a chat anyway!

Best regards,

Ani
Aniseed

Return to Recruitment