TRIAL | Rammo

Moderator: Officers

Postby Torson » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:27 pm

Yep m8 after some runns in 25 m you might see his point ;). Skibba is one of our top dpsers and players in this guild and you are lucky by hopefully take part of his skills. Not that I´m putting you down our anything m8 but just nice to swap styles with your fellow rogue. It´s a wee bit different in 25m then Kara aswell m8. Just add Skibba to friends and you can sort it out in /w :). Hope to see ya in the guild.

Cheers
Torson

Postby Skibba » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Rammo wrote:i mean c'mon dude...ure telling me that as a rogue u dont need AP and crit gems....no offence but u dont know what ur talking about...and the link i gave above was just some random guy check all the rogues they all have AP gems....and they stack with raid buffs....if not pls tell me who did i had 2.6k AP in 2 raid?
and the str/agi also gives u AP so after u said above u dont need those too...but i mean m8 c'mon!
be real...and dont make the rogue community laugh at u!

cheers,

Rammo

HAHAHAHAHA

I love the way you speak on behalf of the entire Rogue community but if I were to post your armory profile on Roguespot.com or Elitist jerks i'd certainly get a few laughs.

I tried to help you out and tell you where you were going wrong. You can either listen to me, go read a few websites and do your homework before mouthing off, or you can continue using dodge/crit/atk power gems and putting out poor dps, doesnt bother me either way :roll:

Also atk power gems do not scale with raid buffs. If you have a 16atk power gem and get BoK and MOTW buffs, then that atk power gem still = a straight 16 atk power. If you had 8 agi gem or 4 agi/4hit gem then the agi scales with motw and BoK.

Take care

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Noblehammer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Hes right thats why PvE warriors always go for the hit cap then for straight, strength or agility. Becasue it scales with buffs. and increased hit will give you bigger dps over a sustained amount of time e.g 4 hours

However PvP warriors usually go for Resi + attack power becasue in arena/bg u wont always get buffs and its all about burst dps. and just becasue other rogues have certain gems doesnt make them the right gems to have.
Noblehammer

Postby Rammo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:10 am

I understand what ure trying to say and i must admit that ure most likely right but still.... in SSC when raiding i hardly get a miss (with 279 hit that i have). A friend of mine from Scholars of Light tested the hit raiting theory and he camp up with this numbers: @330 hit rating u miss a BT boss 14 times in a fight and @ 370 hit u miss the same boss 6 times. I rather have a balance between hit/AP/crit then to never miss and do the tanks dps. thats why i have 279 hit/1556 AP/25% crit. But....i will change all my AP gems and see what happens and ill let u know...
Rammo

Postby Organic » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:22 am

Best of luck with the app, however i dont seem to like how you are coming accross, attitude! Im a nub rogue myself on an alt check out flimpeh on the arm' that will give you a giggle, if i wanted some advice on how to tweek him up (once he was at a standard of gear) the first person i would ask would be skibba without any question. So take what he has said as advice and not as a pinch of salt.

Again best of luck.

Laterz :shock:
Organic

Postby Theseus » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:46 am

Likewise I am with Organic on this. I have been playing a Rogue for a good part of my WoW career (my first main was a Rogue) and I am currently playing a Rogue while my normal main (a Feral Druid) is on ice. Skibba has been around a while and knows what he is talking about. Plus I am also using the same resources as him and it makes a difference. Granted I am not on his level due inexperience and gear level, however it helps to listen to those who know a thing or two. In this guild we expect you to listen. From our Guild Charter (which you agreed that you had read):

* We like to teach, and you darn well better like to learn. If you are awesome when you join us, that is great. But no matter what kind of gamer you are, we expect you to become a great one. We'll help of course...it's what we do. But you know the whole thing about leading a horse to water. We expect you to do the drinking…

We did not put that in our Charter for laughs, we mean it. If you are going to be the type who is not going listen to a different Point of View, then perhaps you are not Serenity material.
Theseus

Postby Rammo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:43 pm

i will replace my AP gems with agi/hit and i will test it to see how it goes...most likely i will get some dmg burts and maybe better dmg but still in sceptic about it.
and i dont doubt that Skibba is a good player but when 5 rogues say that go this way and 1 says to go the other way its hard to listen to the minority.

P.S. the rogues are from SSC/TK even BT/MH raiding rogues.
And i dont take it as a pinch of salt Flimp but its hard for me to understand why do i have to change now after i played this way for 5-6 months and i did well (top 3 DPS in SSC/Kara).
Rammo

Postby Skibba » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Rammo wrote:i will replace my AP gems with agi/hit and i will test it to see how it goes...most likely i will get some dmg burts and maybe better dmg but still in sceptic about it.
and i dont doubt that Skibba is a good player but when 5 rogues say that go this way and 1 says to go the other way its hard to listen to the minority.

P.S. the rogues are from SSC/TK even BT/MH raiding rogues.
And i dont take it as a pinch of salt Flimp but its hard for me to understand why do i have to change now after i played this way for 5-6 months and i did well (top 3 DPS in SSC/Kara).

Atk power gems werent the problem really, if you do change from 16 atk power to 4 agi/hit gems then the dps change will be minimal. It was more the dodge/crit gems that i'd recommend changing. Atk power doesnt scale with buffs, so in a raid situation 4 agi/hit gems will be more dps, but when soloing or in small group situation a 4 agi/hit gem will be slightly less dps as you might not have both motw and BoK.

Check these links out:-

http://rogue.raidcal.com/

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t19926-rogue_dps_spreadsheet/

Put your gear/spec into that spreadsheet and spend a bit of time playing around with different gems and enchants and gear upgrades and see what the effects are.

Make sure you change the buffs on the list to ones you actually would often have in a raid. i.e. if you dont have an enhancement shaman then make sure WF and unleashed rage arent ticked as 'yes'

Final piece of advice would be to put 3/3 points into improved Slice and Dice. You have 2/3 atm, but keeping SnD up all the time is imperative in raids. With 2 piece T4 bonus and 3/3 imp SnD a combat swords Rogue should be aiming for 1snd 5 rupture cycles for maximum dps.

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Rammo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:34 pm

"You have lots of atk power gems too" thats what u said m8 in ure 1st post...and about the dodge gem its heroic gem and i couldnt afford at that time to get another 1 ....i've changed it yesterday tho.
Rammo

Postby Skibba » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Rammo wrote:"You have lots of atk power gems too" thats what u said m8 in ure 1st post...and about the dodge gem its heroic gem and i couldnt afford at that time to get another 1 ....i've changed it yesterday tho.

Skibba wrote:your boot & glove gems arent very good for PvE. You dont want anything with dodge or crit on it. Stick with Agi and hit gems for everything, and dont worry about gem socket bonus'. You have lots of atk power gems too, which arent quite as bad as dodge/crit gems, but still, they wont scale with buffs (Motw/BoK) in raid situations, whereas agi will.

Is what I actually said :-)

Notice I said that the crit/dodge was the worst part, and atk power gems werent optimal for dps, but werent quite as bad as dodge/crit.

Skibba

Postby Rammo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:37 am

Pls see my armory link again...i have changed the gems...maybe now ill live up to skibba's espextation :P
Rammo

Postby Selo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:44 am

Rammo wrote:Pls see my armory link again...i have changed the gems...maybe now ill live up to skibba's espextation :P

doh! i have been following this thread for some time and i think that should not be the way to show our hospitality to a new person who would like to join us. I am not comfortable with this approach to a new person who apply us.
Selo

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:00 am

QFT what Selo said. I agree completely.

But please also notice that Skibba just pointed out wievs on upgrades and how to maximise gear. Rammo then says " I don't want to argue" - and then starts arguing, even with a foul mouth:)"

Rammo couldn't know that Skibba was the wrong one to start an argument with:)

And also Aiwendel as officer wants a chat, but Rammo still corrects his gear after Skibbas advice:) instead of taking the officers stretched out hand.

I hope he gets in for all the effort put into this:)
Whats our rogue channel called - I wanna join it:))
Slamdorff

Postby Rammo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:13 am

Well..im not sure what Slamdoff meant there :) but ....after the adivces form Skibba regarding the gems (changed them all), now i have 303 hit unbuffed @25.25% crit and 1456 AP....i gained lots of hit but i lost some crit (1%) and some AP (150 AP) ...and also i struggled last night to out-dps an enhancement shammy in gladiator set thus the 3 place (ranged) was some 400k below 2nd place. So i dont need that hit rating in Kara thus i need it in SSC...still waiting to go there tonight or tommorow to check it out.

best wishes,

Rammo

P.S. hope to make it into tha guild soon tho :)
Rammo

Postby Skibba » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 am

Rammo wrote:hope to make it into tha guild soon tho :)

You can have my raidspot :wink:

Skibba

PreviousNext

Return to Recruitment