TRIAL | Rammo

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL | Rammo

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:58 pm

In game name (including previous names if any): Rammo 70 Rogue, Hopre 70 mage

Class and build: combat sword spec
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page? (If you are not using your raiding specc because of PvP or whatever reason, please link the raiding specc you will be using):

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... rd&n=Rammo

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
The Night Watch
currently Lazarus

Why did you leave your former guilds? :
Left TNW because of it slowly was falling apart and mainly because the guild master applied for other guild in that’s not a GM specific behaviour.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
I ding’d 60 just after TBC release so I don’t really have pre-TBC raid exp, but I have Kara, SSC and some TK TBC experience.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Because I heard many good thing of u guys plus I have my brother-in-law and some other friends in there 

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Lezeu, Jemalia, Ronzoz.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.

I can raid any of these days as it is required.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?

Yes

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?

Yes.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby lezeu » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:46 pm

well rammo is my brother in law yes:))....(dating his sister and she hates the game)
hes a good player and can come raiding at around the hours i come because we work in the same place at the same hours so i don't see any reasons that he shouldn't make it.
yes we were memebers of tnw before and i raided with him there. he comes prepared and knows a lot about his class. did gave him the posts about ssc that i read so the only thing remaining now for him is to go there and see the boses.
would be nice to see him here
gl bro
lezeu

Postby Jemalia » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:46 pm

I know Rammo from The Night Watch, and we've grouped together for instances since then too.

He's reliable, friendly and well-prepared. Takes his game seriously, but likes to have fun too.

Good luck with the app Rammo, hope to see you in-game soon :)

Jem

Kochanski lvl 50 warlock
Jems lvl24 shaman

"I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose
Drinking fresh mango juice
Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes
Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun sun..."
Jemalia

Postby Themark » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi Rammo :)
When the darkest hour come upon us, remember the light you have inside
When you find SERENITY, you know to be at home
ADMINISTRATOR OF THE RET PALADIN WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY FORUM
Legendary isn't only a "title" it's a lifestyle!
Themark

Postby lezeu » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:01 pm

hey all :)

thx for supporting me ;) hope ill make it ;)
lezeu

Postby Rammo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:29 am

the reply posted above was made me not by Lezeu...he was at my place and used my computer...and i guess he forgot to log out :|

but as i was saying thx for the support guys and hope ill make it :)
Rammo

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:10 pm

oh yeah and i would like to say hi to Themark (former GM of a guild that i was part of) and Flimp with whom i was in TNW :)

so hey guys :)

more familiar faces.... :)

Postby Skibba » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi,

Thanks for applying.

I'm not an officer or classleader, so what I say has no bearing on your invite to the guild, but i've got a few suggestions from one Rogue to another.

Firstly, your offhand is better than your mainhand, yet you have a cheaper enchant on it. Get mongoose on OH asap.

Also, your boot & glove gems arent very good for PvE. You dont want anything with dodge or crit on it. Stick with Agi and hit gems for everything, and dont worry about gem socket bonus'. You have lots of atk power gems too, which arent quite as bad as dodge/crit gems, but still, they wont scale with buffs (Motw/BoK) in raid situations, whereas agi will.

Finally, you have pretty good rings, and 375 enchanting, so i'd recommend putting +6 stats on them both, or at the very least the kara rep ring asap.

Good luck with your application. I'm not sure if we need any Rogues atm as we have just recruited one, but i'm sure an officer will be in contact with you soon.

Take care

Skibba

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Rammo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:33 pm

Hey Skibba,

dont want to argue with u but here is a link and maybe u can explain to me why does he have AP gems intead of agi... http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Uisajusik
anyways...im top DPS in my guild with my gear and ench but i reckon i need to improve.

Take care,

Rammo.
Rammo

Postby Rammo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:41 pm

just a small P.S. to the above reply....if u look at the best rogues from any raiding guild on our realm and even on other realm they all have AP gems in their gear....and ofc crit is a must ....i know rogues that have 30%+ crit and almost 2k AP, and i dont mean to be rude but its +4 to all stats on ring. :)
Rammo

Postby Adamantite » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:08 am

Hi Rammo.

Nice application. I would very much like a talk with you.
Hope to catch you in-game.

/Aiwendel/Mithrilbeard
Adamantite

Postby Skibba » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:22 am

Rammo wrote:Hey Skibba,

dont want to argue with u but here is a link and maybe u can explain to me why does he have AP gems intead of agi... http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Uisajusik
anyways...im top DPS in my guild with my gear and ench but i reckon i need to improve.

Take care,

Rammo.

He has atk power gems in his gear because that is his pvp gear. In pvp it's better to use atk power gems because you dont have buffs that scale with agi. In your pve gear you use agi/hit gems, because agi scales with raid buffs and hit is the best bang for your buck in terms of pve dps.

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Rammo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:22 pm

i mean c'mon dude...ure telling me that as a rogue u dont need AP and crit gems....no offence but u dont know what ur talking about...and the link i gave above was just some random guy check all the rogues they all have AP gems....and they stack with raid buffs....if not pls tell me who did i had 2.6k AP in 2 raid?
and the str/agi also gives u AP so after u said above u dont need those too...but i mean m8 c'mon!
be real...and dont make the rogue community laugh at u!

cheers,

Rammo
Rammo

Postby Anarkid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:14 pm

firstly, take a read of this... http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t16940-roguecraft_101_a/

in particular, note this paragraph from the definitive rogue theory source on the net...

On combat gem selection: only gem for socket bonuses that provide offensive stats (hit/crit rating, agility, AP), and only if they are achievable using solely red and yellow gems. If you are socketing for a bonus, always use [Rigid Dawnstone] in yellow sockets and [Glinting Noble Topaz] in red sockets, unless you are nearing the hit cap, in which case use [Glinting Noble Topaz] in yellow sockets and [Delicate Living Ruby] in red sockets.

Pay attention to your meta gem socket requirement of 2 blue gems. Only use [Shifting Nightseye] to fulfill the requirement, and only as many as necessary. If you are not socketing for a bonus, always use [Rigid Dawnstone] or [Glinting Noble Topaz], switching to [Delicate Living Ruby] if you reach the hit cap.

basically, until you reach the hit cap, hit rating is point for point the best offensive stat bar none. even if your crit stands at 15%, if you have a gear upgrade option of 8crit, 16AP or 8 hit, you should always, always take the hit rating until you reach 365 (i think thats the correct figure) hit.
Anarkid

Postby Themark » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Anarkid wrote:firstly, take a read of this... http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t16940-roguecraft_101_a/

in particular, note this paragraph from the definitive rogue theory source on the net...

On combat gem selection: only gem for socket bonuses that provide offensive stats (hit/crit rating, agility, AP), and only if they are achievable using solely red and yellow gems. If you are socketing for a bonus, always use [Rigid Dawnstone] in yellow sockets and [Glinting Noble Topaz] in red sockets, unless you are nearing the hit cap, in which case use [Glinting Noble Topaz] in yellow sockets and [Delicate Living Ruby] in red sockets.

Pay attention to your meta gem socket requirement of 2 blue gems. Only use [Shifting Nightseye] to fulfill the requirement, and only as many as necessary. If you are not socketing for a bonus, always use [Rigid Dawnstone] or [Glinting Noble Topaz], switching to [Delicate Living Ruby] if you reach the hit cap.

basically, until you reach the hit cap, hit rating is point for point the best offensive stat bar none. even if your crit stands at 15%, if you have a gear upgrade option of 8crit, 16AP or 8 hit, you should always, always take the hit rating until you reach 365 (i think thats the correct figure) hit.

Power is nothing without control, so in pve for every melee dps hit rating cap is the must to reach, atk power/strenght(talking in general) make your dps more stable, crit make your dps bursty. And from my personal experience hit cap is really needed for ssc/tk and beyond. Skibba and Anarkid are really very skilled rogues(also if they use elitistjerk like a bible :lol: ), so listen to them :)
When the darkest hour come upon us, remember the light you have inside
When you find SERENITY, you know to be at home
ADMINISTRATOR OF THE RET PALADIN WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY FORUM
Legendary isn't only a "title" it's a lifestyle!
Themark

Next

Return to Recruitment