TRIAL | Warrior Dizzy

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL | Warrior Dizzy

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:34 am

Application Template

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Dizzyg, would probably change on transfer though.

Class and build:
Warrior, any spec. Reason being, I'm not really bothered what I raid as, I've had experience raiding as a tank, and both fury/arms spec. I would most like to join as Arms, as this is the spec I'm best geared for at the moment (raided through SSC/TK with it, although my gear doesnt reflect that completely, always been fairly unlucky with drops.)

- http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAM0bAbqM0dZVxzV0gMc would be my chosen spec for arms, pretty simple dps rotation with a swing timer, and also the best part of the spec, 2/2 blood frenzy debuff (+4% physical damage to target for whole raid.) My arms gear adds up to about 10.8k HP, 1700 AP, hit-capped and 30.5% crit unbuffed.

- http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAM0bhbZVV0VxxRVuqo is my current fury spec. Cookie cutter really, there arent any fury builds as effective as this, although the 2 points in imp overpower were really for farming reasons and keeping a little bit of pvp viability while trying to farm honour, putting a point into anger management instead would be better for raiding. My fury gear is practically my arms gear at the moment so the stats arent as balanced as I would like, 10.3k HP, 1885 AP, 124 hit (can increase at a sacrifice to AP with trinket), and 29.46% crit unbuffed.

- http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAZVZbEtoIMdcxst would be my prot spec, again the basic tanking build although its down to personal preference as long as the main talents are there. 3/3 imp heroic strike is debateable and could remove all points there to go into imp defensive stance, encounter based really, if its a purely physical damage encounter its a pointless talent, and imp heroic strike is nice for extra threat. My prot gear is less developed than my dps gear as it was a while since I raided as a tank, but here are my stats anyway. 12.7k HP, 14303 Amour, 17 hit, 5 expertise (although have enough badges for the neck with 22 hit and 21 extra expertise), 506 def and 54.52% avoidance (will improve through protection talents).

As I previously stated, I would be most happy raiding as arms, as feel I would perform best in this spec while giving bonuses to the raid. Although not as insane dps as fury or other pure-dps built casters and such, I can give quite a nice damage output depending on buffs and group setup (GIVE WINDFURY!)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n&n=Dizzyg

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): Endorphin, Silvermoon EU

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
A great guild in theory, was built from the remnants of an extremely successful guild from Wildhammer, and awesome raid progress. The guild I'm currently in have cleared everything upto Illidan- we formed at the end of November 07, although some members had experience in BT already. At the start of January this year my pc decided it didnt want to work anymore, and I was offline for 2 weeks, in which I missed the first and only Kael'Thas kill, thus losing my MH/BT spot as I didnt have the vial. Lots of talk has been going on and I'm now expected to wait until 2.4 patch (attunement removal) before I can raid again.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
Not much pre-BC, I dinged 60 around 3 months before it hit, Molten Core was as far as I got. Was on an RPPvP realm which didnt really have much progress, although I was attuned for MC/BWL/Ony/Naxx and waiting for a spot in a guild I didnt get anywhere. Moved onto Wildhammer a month after BC and have cleared Kara/Mag (pre nerf) Kazzak/Doomwalker/Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep as far as Kael'Thas phase 4.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
To continue progression and experience bosskills firsthand. I'm not interested in being dragged through farmed MH/BT for gear for Sunwell/WoTLK, and really love the idea of joining Serenity and killing Kael'Thas for the first time, with the great adrenaline rush you get from first bosskills, especially one as important as this.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
None. Truthfully, because of your raid times and progress, I'm not interested in any other guilds :)

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Spoke to Skibba before writing this application, so hopefully I came across as a decent person. Apart from that I dont know anyone at all on Bronzebeard, hopefully soon will though :)

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
The whole reason I'm posting here to be honest. Since I work until 7:30pm server time, a 9:00pm start would be awesome. May be a little tricky on Thursdays unless I have a day off, as I leave work at 8:30pm.

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.
As I said, Thursdays will be tricky, but I can make the other 3 raid days with no problem.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
I cant see why every other raiding guild cant use a raid calendar. Makes it a lot easier to see if your raid will attend or not. So yes of course :)

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
I will always attend raids with everything to hand, potions, sharpening stones, bandages, and of course repaired and non-PvP tagged.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO
Never used this system before, seems simple enough though.

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Thanks for reading my essay, I got nice mark in my English exam and have a habit of turning a simple writing task into a long and detailed one :P

/Dizzy

Postby Organic » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:12 am

Nice application, best of luck.

Laterz
rob :shock:
Organic

Postby Theseus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:59 am

Very nice application, plus you seem to know your class very well.
Theseus

Postby Slamdorff » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:00 am

Non PvP tagged? Well, that would be a nice addition to raids:)
Im always rdy for a DPS warrior - if well played they bring a lot the raids.

Good luck with app, mate

Greetings,

Slam
Slamdorff

Postby Themark » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:21 am

Slamdorff wrote:Non PvP tagged? Well, that would be a nice addition to raids:)
Im always rdy for a DPS warrior - if well played they bring a lot the raids.

Good luck with app, mate

Greetings,

Slam

Too bad he wil need to type /pvp anyway after few minutes of raid XD
When the darkest hour come upon us, remember the light you have inside
When you find SERENITY, you know to be at home
ADMINISTRATOR OF THE RET PALADIN WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY FORUM
Legendary isn't only a "title" it's a lifestyle!
Themark

Postby Dizzy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Thanks for encouraging comments, and promptly after I first posted too!
The PvP thing was always a problem with a few old guilds, ended up with people being ganked outside instances and thus holding up the whole raid, so I come un-tagged as not to make any delays or get in trouble :P
Dizzy

Postby Dizzy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Sorry, just bumping the topic as it has sunk to the bottom /hide
Still hopeful to join if there was any need for a dps warrior :)
Dizzy

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:57 am

Its still a very good application!
Slamdorff

Postby igby » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Sorry for taking so long to reply. We would be interested in recruiting a dps warrior.
I just wanted to ask a question which had been bothering me.
You said you moved from Wildhammer server to Silvermoon to join Endorphin in Nov 07.
We use a website www.warcraftrealms.com to check player history and it shows you joining Endorphin at the end of January 08, is there a reason for this discrepancy? You said your pc died at the the begining of January, but I cant find any character history for dizzyg between you leaving Wildhammer Nov 07 to Silvermoon Jan 08.
igby

Postby Dizzy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:39 pm

I have no idea, our old guild Adrenaline was dying mid- October and stopped raiding, it took nearly a whole month for the guildbank and final relations between members to close proceedings, and we moved onto Silvermoon close to the end of November. I would have zero reason to lie about something like that :(
The only possible thing I could think caused it is the fact I had trouble transferring my character, payment failed many times and I cancelled the transfer about 5 times before it would go through properly. Armoury was slow updating and I was still a member of my old guild for a week or so also.

The thread I posted on SM forums when first transferring is here: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 04&sid=1#0

If you scroll down to a post tagged 24/11 by me, I had the Endorphin guildtag then, Armoury decided to update :P

Hope that clears up some issues, really not sure why WR hasnt updated properly in that time gap.
Dizzy

Postby igby » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi Dizzyg, sorry for taking so long to apply, have been abit distracted of late. Should you still wish to join we have room for a dps warrior. If you could make a new character on our server and have a talk with one of the officers, probably myself I can answer any questions you may have, and I can outline the guild to you.
Thanks Igby
igby

Postby igby » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:38 pm

After having spoken to you, I am happy to offer you a trial in Serenity. W/me when you relam transfer is complete.
igby

Postby Slamdorff » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Looking forward to seeing you, mate.
Slamdorff

Return to Recruitment