LEFT | Balance druid application

Moderator: Officers

LEFT | Balance druid application

Postby Jemalia. » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:19 pm

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Instructions:

- Please check the list of classes we are recruiting at the Class/Recruitment Availability
- Copy and paste this form into a new thread in the Recruitment forums.
- Truthfully answer ALL of the questions in the application. Incomplete applications will be denied on sight!

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

( Y) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Jemalia

Class and build: Druid, raid balance spec (43/0/18 ) Moonkin
I do tend to respec resto at the weekends to play PvP arena (I'm no good at PvP btw, its just for fun) and to heal in 5 mans, for the change, but I will always ensure to be main spec for any raids I am picked for. I tend to do my farming, etc, during the week when I am balance-spec'd

(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Jemalia
Please note that if you view at the weekend, I may show as resto spec'd.

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm): As Darkness Falls (leveling guild, no longer exists), The Night Watch (current guild)

Why did you leave your former guilds?: I moved from As Darkness Falls to The Night Watch shortly after reaching lvl 70. ADF was a leveling guild, and no real prospects of reaching end-game content, and I was (and still am) looking to progress in the game. My current guild is The Night Watch, however as raids are usually at 20:00 server time, and I am from the UK, it is difficult to juggle RL in order to make the start time. Also, I have read Serenity's charter and feel that, as a more mature player, Serenity would be a nice guild to be in.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)? Confession time - I have only been playing WoW for 6 months and although I worked hard to achieve attunement for MC and Onyxia, I never had the opportunity to go to either, or any other pre-TBC raids. Since joining TNW I have signed up to raid on average 4 nights a week. I have experience of clearing Kara and Gruul several times, and I have limited experience of The Eye and Zul Aman.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
For the feel-good factor. Your charter does feel like how I would want the guild I am in to be run.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No. In fact this is the first time I have ever applied to join a guild, in both previous cases I was invited to join.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Not really, I did meet Mjölnir briefly (on an alt, then on his main) in Uldaman some months ago, and he /w me some very nice comments afterwards, but it was some considerable time ago and I would not expect him to remember. Btw, he was very pleasant and good to work with :P

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.
Yes, those times fit for me very well.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
I do. I use Superior Wizard Oil, Blackened Basilisk, Flask of Blinding Light (or Adept's Elixir and Elixir of Draenic Wisdom - depends how often I expect to wipe :D ). I also always have at least 3 stacks of reagents for GotW (I have improved), and 15-20 reagents for my combat res, 2 stacks of bandages, and minimum 15 super mana potions. I am PvE spec, with Subtley for raiding, and my gem/enchants where possible provide spell hit and spell dmg rather than spell crit, again to reduce my TPS.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? ( Y) YES ( ) NO

( Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
( Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Jemalia.

Postby Theseus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:48 pm

I am going to be honest here speaking from the position of the normal Druid Class Leader. We currently do not have much use for Boomkin in our raids. The biggest problem is the damage scaling issue as a typical Boomkin's DPS does not scale well compared to the other offensive casters (Fire/Arcane Mages, Shadowpriests, Destruction Warlocks) and the level of Mobs/Bosses we are fighting/wiping on/killing. Unfortunately this is an issue with all Druid DPS forms (Moonkin, Cat) thus Druids in our raids tend be either Off Tanks which convert to DPS when not needed (generally my position when I am raiding, the account is currently frozen) or Healers (in ToL form). Although the +Crit % aura is nice for our casters we tend to fill up caster slots real fast.
Theseus

Postby Mjölnir » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:00 pm

I remember you :) That was that Uldarun where i came then wit h Mjöl when i am not wrong :)

Slamdorff would like you in then he would lose his title of granddaddy of the guild :)

we have atm 1 boomkin in guild, and its indeed very nice in raidgroups where we have 3-4 locks to pair them up with the boomkin for the critaura. But as Thes said Boomkin dps scales not that good like other classes, but personally i would like to see you in serenity.

Was you always boomkin ? Would you maybe consider to go as tree resto druid also to raids not only for pvp on weekends ?
Mjölnir

Postby Allanna » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:00 pm

nice app and you seem 2 want to join us for the right reasons. good luck!
Allanna

Postby Tusvor » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 pm

Gief Boom plz :)
Tusvor

Postby Theseus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:22 pm

I have nothing against him joining us as he seems to have all the right reasons. I just bring up the issue of damage scaling as it is a valid and extremely annoying one for the Druid class. However if he accepts that he is more of a Support class or is willing to join as someone to keep our butts alive when we have Mr/Ms Big and Nasty pounding the crap outta us, then he is welcome.
Theseus

Postby Jemalia » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:47 pm

Oh, you remember :) Nice!

I levelled as resto, for about 20 lvls, until about lvl 62 where I switched to boomkin after dying too many times in outlands ;p So I've healed thru Zul Farak, Sunken Temple, Maraudon and Blackrock Depths amongst others. I have also healed thru most of the Outlands 5 mans on normal, but I have little experience of heroic level healing.

I really enjoy balance, although I also enjoy healing in 5 mans - I havent had any experience of raid healing, other than offhealing at Netherspite and Nightbane when my current guild is putting newer healers thru kara. That means tho that I do have experience of using healbot in a raid situation, albeit limited.

On the other hand, my dps currently holds it's own in raids against similarly geared locks, rogues and mages (hunters I dont have a chance of competing against). When my dps drops, it's usually because I've been called on for those nice druid extras like offhealing (which a balance druid can do very well), or combat res'ing. However, I can understand your point - the balance druid spec is not common, and I struggled for some considerable time to bring my dps up to an acceptable level. The turning point for me was reducing my spell crit by almost 5%, which now allows me to nuke to a far greater extent than it did before (when I was constantly pushing the tanks for top spot on the threat list). By re-gemming and re-enchanting my gear to reduce my spell crit, I improved my dps overnight by somewhere between 150 and 180.

I'd like the chance to talk about it further with you guys, and maybe even have the chance to persuade you that Boomkins can dps :P

Thank you
Jems
:)

PS I'm a she not a he :P
Jemalia

Postby Torson » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:14 pm

mmm :), +crit, not bad damage and bound to to more then 300 dps :).
Torson

Postby Slamdorff » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:00 am

Gief elderly types with sticks and hearing aid glasses. I need one to share my bench and bird food with.

A couple of weeks ago I took a vote on age in a Nihilum-website poll.
I was completely alone at +43 - with more than 1200 votes placed. Gief larger icons on screen, larger screens, arthritis friendly game pads and and a slow motion function for larger and complex fights....

Looking forward to seeing you in guild - if I remember this thread that is...
Slamdorff

Postby Allanna » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:06 am

I can accept what thes is saying about scaling. However, if a boomkin is played well, then it can certainly be on a par with the good dps in the guild. I must admit, i didnt believe this until a boomkin pushed me all the way, when i was fully buffed and potted through heroic ramps. And gief that sexual crit buff!
Allanna

Postby Jura » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:10 am

gief feral tank....:D
Jura
Nerf me!

yea

Postby kallevalle » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:11 am

Ive come and tank for ya sooon, one week to go, then I can transfer back again
kallevalle

Postby Mikah » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:20 am

I don't see how we could not at least give a trial to this person and see how it goes.

Great application!
Mikah

Postby Slamdorff » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Gief Jemalia!
Gief Kalletank too!
Slamdorff

Postby Tusvor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:31 pm

Gief trial!!!
Tusvor

Next

Return to Recruitment