DENIED | Inesto

Moderator: Officers

DENIED | Inesto

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:16 am

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Instructions:

- Please check the list of classes we are recruiting at the Class/Recruitment Availability
- Copy and paste this form into a new thread in the Recruitment forums.
- Truthfully answer ALL of the questions in the application. Incomplete applications will be denied on sight!

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):
Inesto

Class and build:
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)
Priest 19 / 42 / 0

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Inesto

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Bad Influence

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Beacuse there was no progres going on

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
pre-TBC - None
TBC - kara, gruul, VR in TK

Why do you want to join Serenity?
beacause u guys doing good progres with good players

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
not atm

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
dont know there is couple of guys from BI but i am not sure is they can vouch for me :P

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.
Yes i can all that days accept wednesday

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
yes ofc

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
yep

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Allanna » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:33 am

Not 100% sure as I left BI before he joined, but from what i have heard is rather inexperienced in raids and is possibly more suited to a kara guild
Allanna

Postby Slamdorff » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:10 am

Allanna wrote:...from what i have heard is rather inexperienced in raids and is possibly more suited to a kara guild

Allanna, this fairly harsh critique is not substantial - and thus very unfair. If you heard "a rumour" like this the gm/cl is never farther than a /w away. No need to go public with maybe this or maybe that.

Do not give ppl a bad reputation for nothing and do not kill ideas before they get wings.

If any commenting on application let it be thougthful, pls. Remember we have trial periods too.....

Gl with application, Inesto.
Slamdorff

Postby Theseus » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:34 am

I am not sure if you read Sticky: Introduction to Serenity (READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING) as you said you did in your application as you would have read this in in paragraph 5:

5. Our age limit on new applicants is 18+. Please bear in mind that we do raid later at night (when you are most likely to draw parent aggro). Regardless of age, we expect you to act mature at all times.
Theseus

Re: Priest app

Postby Adamantite » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:57 am

Hello Inesto.

Thank you for your application, we will look into it as soon as possible.
Since you have read our guild rules, you will know, that we have an age limit for 18+.

But we usually allow friends of guildies to join, so I will have some questioning of all the former BI members to do.
As I can see from Allanna's post, you have probably not been with BI for long, so this might be a problem.

The reason for the age limit might seem unfair, but it simply relates to the fact, that we have had some bad experiences with young members. Also some good ofc, but mostly bad.
We are a raiding guild, and the 25-men contents is what we want to do.
So we need members to be steady and continue going to 25-man's, even if we don't progress.
Sadly the young raiders we have had, do not seem to have the patience and stamina needed to keep on pressing forward.
If we have members leaving after 2-3 months, we loose the knowledge for getting the bosses down fast and can't continue on to our next "real" target in line.
Our progress is setback and members will become impatient, because we start wiping at known and farmed bosses again.

Which brings me to your reply:
Anonymous wrote:Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Beacuse there was no progres going on

This will become the case in any guild at some point.
New boss encounters can be very hard to master, and we can't afford to lose members once we get into a bit "troubled waters".
Using Serenity as the easy way to get to BT is much frowned upon.
It takes no skill to get there, if you simply do guild-hopping.
Serenity members want to master it by them self!
We will continue on and get the boss downed, but it may take some time.
So again, we need patient and regular raiders, who are willing to contribute.

On the good side of you application, is the fact, that you have put some real effort into you gear, which I very much like.
A full mooncloth and whitemend set combined with pvp gear and right enchants, shows me, that you have the determination to go holy all the way, and you are willing to do the necessary work.
Adamantite

Postby Allanna » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Actually Slam, i was an officer in BI and am still in regular contact with the other senior members of the guild. This is not mere 'hearsay' and goes on the opinion of there current officers. It is also not harsh, but an observation of where the player is in there progress through the game. After all, what is the point in having guild members post at all if all we say is 'lets give them a trial'
Allanna

Postby Neud » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:06 pm

I think that solid raiding experience is somewhat a requirement for candidates, given our level of progression and the fact that at this level, underperformance and mistakes of 1 player due to his lack of experience may hurt badly the entire raid.

Like it or not, but as far as things stand now, Serenity is by no means a place "to learn to raid" - it's a guild where you already need to deliver based on what you have learnt in the past. Actually, most of our newer members, once joined, indeed start to deliver and perform on high level, be it tank, healer or dps.

Ofc everyone should improve, and I think most of us here are trying our best to, but still a certain threshold needs to be reached before joining a guild which raids Lady Vasjh - both in terms of gear, experience, and skills. Otherwise a new hire may become a liability to others, rather than an asset. In this respect, I would rather listen to Alanna here, and would be willing to see more good references on the applicant.
Kind regards
Neud, CFA

Neud

Postby Slamdorff » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Super, Allana.

Your second post qualifies your opinion in a way I personally couldn't see in the original post.

Sry for interrupting then:)
Slamdorff

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:56 pm

Ok guys i realised that i am not rdy for raiding with yous.

GL and all the best for yous and for guild

Inesto

Postby Allanna » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:28 am

Please dont take my comments as a personal criticism of you or your ability Inesto, as the everybody I asked also said that you were a nice guy and willing to learn. The real problem is that we dont do many kara runs anymore and I think both kit wise and experience wise that is where u would be best served at this current time. Good luck with finding a nice guild
Allanna

Return to Recruitment