APPLICATION CLOSED | Zatura

Moderator: Officers

APPLICATION CLOSED | Zatura

Postby Zatura » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:08 am

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):Zatura

Class and build:Priest-Shadow
(This is the class and specc we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&n=Zatura

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Omg Who Pulled/Driven/Bad Influence

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Omg (Disbanded) Driven(Require too much raid attendance)
BadInfluence(Got kicked, no reason was given to me /w me for more info)

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
Pre TBC: MC Cleared(joint raid with PathFinders) - ZG Cleared - BWL Up to nefarian(joint raid with PathFinders)

TBC: Kara Cleared - Grull Cleared - SSC Lurker, Hydross - TK The Void REaver

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Because i see u are progressing very well into the end game contest and you raid time suit me.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Think there are a few Ex Bad Influence guys whom i hope they can put a good word for me.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding at least 2-3 days each week.
I can attend 100% Monday/Wednesday/Thursday, Sunday is a busy day for me so mostly wont attend it.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
Yes

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
Yes

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Zatura

Postby Neud » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 am

I think a shadow priest could be needed for raids, good luck with application.
1 thing which is 100% sure is that "kicked for no reason" explanation won't work. There was a reason definitely.
Kind regards
Neud, CFA

Neud

Postby Mikah » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:15 am

Hi there and thank you for your application.

I think the guild is getting quite full on all classes, but one thing for sure is we can definitely use another shadowpriest. I am currently the only one raiding regularly, and we would like to have a minimum of 2 in the raids.

I will wait for some comments from other ex-BI members about you and have a chat with you if you don't mind.

By the way, try to get exalted with cenarion expedition. It will allow you to repair in SSC (we do wipe a lot ;)), and will give you acces to a nice dps ring with 21 spell hit rating so you can reach the 76 hit rating for cap.

Out of curiosity, would it be better for you to use the shadoweave shoulders rather then T4? It would be more spelldamage, and would give you the shadoweave set bonus.. whereas the T4 doesn't give you 4 pieces bonus of T4 anyways??

Also, why do you put 5 points in improved mind blast to reduce the cooldown to 5.5 seconds? since mind flay is 3 seconds cast, and you would normally do MB - MF - MF - MB rotation, do you clip the last tick of mind flay with mindblast? that could increase your dps slightly, but is a big mana waste. I'd put that point in innerfocus personally, so you could get a free SWP every 2 minutes. At 585 mana each, on a 10 minutes fights, it's almost 3000 mana you are saving!
Mikah

Postby Organic » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:47 am

Hello fellow priest..... (dark side tsk tsk) :P wrong *cough* choice *cough* :lol: (only messing)

Good luck with this app

Laterz flimp

P.S.

Dont listen to anything that mikah says, none of it about me is true :( honest
Organic

Postby Zatura » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Neud wrote:I think a shadow priest could be needed for raids, good luck with application.
1 thing which is 100% sure is that "kicked for no reason" explanation won't work. There was a reason definitely.

I told that they didnt explained to me the reason for the kick (kicked when offline) not that there werent reason, anyway i was told by a memebr that was cause i refuse to attende a raid to kara if u'd like to know(an instance where im pretty tired of raid).
Ofc it could be more by i kinda dont care (im pretty old and dont like kid attitude) since they never considered the idea to give me a warning or talk to me.

And for Mikah: i atm dont wear the shoulder of Shadoweave just for a matter of stats, id like to have a bit more intellect and spirit but i have it and dont mind really to use it, im open to any tips ^^
About the MB cd reduce, yes i normally dont let MF to finish and i use MB when off cooldown, im used to drink mana pot early so usually is not a big mana issue but also here im willing to respecc if needed:)
Zatura

Postby Mikah » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Zatura wrote:About the MB cd reduce, yes i normally dont let MF to finish and i use MB when off cooldown, im used to drink mana pot early so usually is not a big mana issue but also here im willing to respecc if needed:)

Oh, no need to respecc. Just a tip, really.

Since the mindflay damage ticks at the end of each seconds in the 3 seconds channeling, that means you clip about 700 damage to cast your mindblast 0.5 seconds early. You will only gain more dps if you crit, but you will loose if you don't as a normal mindblast should be around 1.6k for 1.5 seconds cast.

I'm not sure on top of my head here, but overall, it may end up being lower dps unless you really have some crazy crit %. And it's certainly not mana efficient.

If you use some [nochannelling] macros on mindflay and mindblast so you maximise the gap between casts without clipping the last tick of mindflays early, then having a 5.5 seconds cooldown is a waste of 1 talent point as your macro will prevent breaking the mindflay.

However, with a bit of spellhaste, that's a completely different story since you will lower the time to cast the 2 mind flays. I think with about 9% spellhaste (142 spell haste rating), you could cast your 2 mindflays in 5.5 seconds!

Anyyyyyyyyways.. too much talking again :P

I'll talk to you tonight in game, and I'll ask a few ex-BI if they got any good (or bad) experiences with you.
Mikah

Postby Zatura » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi, im sorry but you can close this topic.
I realized i will stay off from raids for a while, tnx for the fast reply and for the tips.
Good luck with your Guild.
Zatura
Zatura

Return to Recruitment