APPLICATION CLOSED | Resto Druid Application

Moderator: Officers

APPLICATION CLOSED | Resto Druid Application

Postby Gwion » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:53 pm

(x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):

Gwion

Class and build:

Druid - 8/11/42 - Seems to be a versatile build that has allowed me to function adequately enough in both raids and BGs in order for me to grind honour for S1 gear.

I'll happily respec to any suggested resto build preferred by class leaders for raiding.

(This is the class and spec we expect you to be raiding with. No main-alt changing and no specc changing without approval from your Class Leader. You can bring all your alts in the guild if you want, but this will be the character/specc that will be invited into raids.)

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?:

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

Bad Influence

Why did you leave your former guilds?:

A few of my friends started the guild. People I had played with for years. They welcomed me back to the game after a year's absence. Recently there have been a lot of new recruits. I did not feel comfortable with many of them and the things they were saying in /g. Rightly or wrongly, I believed it was ok for me to make this known. Playing with the entire officer structure of the guild for quite a while mistakenly made me feel as though it would not cause a problem to do this. However, being good friends with people does not necessarily entitle you to open your mouth. It caused a problem and I felt that the right thing for me to do was leave.

I was told by the officer structure that my feelings were unfounded and that I should return. I have been re-invited, but declined.

Perhaps a little too honest and not entirely positive, but I'd prefer not to lie.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?

I cleared all large raid instances (ZG, MC, AQ20, BWL) pre-TBC, except Naxx and AQ40. I have taken a few bosses in AQ40 and had experience in Naxx, but never downed any bosses there.

That was on a rogue that no longer belongs to me. I played for 2 years in guild that started as a guild of friends and developed into a fairly serious raiding guild. I then quit the game and returned about 6 weeks ago. I levelled this toon and have only cleared Kara once and downed the first boss in ZA.

My post TBC experience is weak, and I am playing a class that is still very new to me.

Why do you want to join Serenity?

A couple of people I know are with you and have told me what a good place it is to be. You seem extremely well organised and your policies and rules read easily and seem very fair.

I'm a keen gamer and have played computer games on all formats for a loooong time. No game I have ever played has had the longevity or depth of WoW (except Streetfighter II Turbo Championship Edition and Metal Gear Solid - ;D). It's a game I've been involved in for almost 3 years (including 12 months' absence) at different levels of commitment, and it is a game I can see myself playing well into the future.

I'd like to play in an environment that will cultivate the skills required for me to be as useful as I possibly can be to the guild. I'd love to have fun, learning as much about the game and the people I play with as I can, and do that with people who want to share their experience and experiences.

I play WoW mainly for the element of human interaction it offers. Killing everything and seeing all of the game is great, but that is not the priority for me. WoW is an extension of my already fairly busy social life. I love the elements of interaction this game has to offer and I happily make time for them in addition the things I pursue outside the game.

I'd like to think Serenity is a place where I can be, in all of the ways I've mentioned above.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?

No.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?

Allanna and Magellan.

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding each week.

Yes. 4 raids a week, week in week out, might be a tiny stretch, but 3 will definitely not be a problem.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?

Yes.

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?

With no problems at all. I would expect that to be an absolute minimum requirement.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals
Gwion

Postby Allanna » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:18 am

top bloke, knows his shit, enough said i think!
Allanna

Postby Theseus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:07 am

Nice application, it appears that you know your "Tree" well. Plus you seem to be honest and no bullshit which I like. I do ask that you please supply an Armory link to your profile although I know the Armory has been a bit "unresponsive" lately. I will get in touch with you in-game. If I miss you, please feel free to contact me (or my alts listed in my sig)
Theseus

Postby Jura » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:53 am

I like this application. If Allana and Magellan can vouch for him, I'd say>Take him!
Jura
Nerf me!

Postby Gwion » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Here's the armoury link to my toon. Apologies for not having included it - the site was playing up a bit when I made the app yesterday night.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=Gwion
Gwion

Postby Theseus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:31 pm

Excellent and thank you. I will be getting in touch with in-game, hopefully this afternoon or tonight.
Theseus

Postby Gwion » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:27 pm

After much thought and discussion I have decided to try and return to BI. There are simply some people there I can not imagine playing the game without. Not being able to hear their voices every day is enough to have made me seriously reconsider. There is no other reason for my return other than I simply can not imagine a situation in which I am playing this game without them.

I do appreciate how annoying it is for me to have applied and then withdraw my application so soon. Thank you for the time you spent talking to me, Theseus, and thank you to the officers of Serenity who looked at my application and posted in response. If there is anything I can do to make up for my what seems like timewasting or attention seeking, I will gladly oblige in-game as soon as I can.

My apologies for what might appear to be messing around. I left BI swiftly, perhaps mistakenly, and applied here just as quickly. If a situation ever arises in the future in which the people I cherish playing with, and listening to, and talking to, no longer play, and I decided to continue myself, I sincerely hope you will reconsider another future application.

Take care

Gwion
Gwion

Postby Organic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 pm

Best of luck mate. Always welcome to re-apply
Organic

Postby Theseus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:50 pm

-- Application Closed --

We understand. Best of luck and should you wish to reapply in the future just post in this thread and we can reopen your application.

- Thes
Theseus

Return to Recruitment