TRIAL | Ivoke

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL | Ivoke

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:09 pm

SERENITY APPLICATION FORM

Instructions:

- Please check the list of classes we are recruiting at the Class/Recruitment Availability
- Copy and paste this form into a new thread in the Recruitment forums.
- Truthfully answer ALL of the questions in the application. Incomplete applications will be denied on sight!

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for?

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any):
My characters name is Ivoke I either go by that or Hoddi whice is my nick name in real life. My real name is Hör?ur

Class and build:
I am 21 fire, 40 arcane. The build is a high damage build that uses alot arcane blast but can AoE pretty nicely aswell.

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... rd&n=Ivoke

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):

Only other guild I raided with was the Stoppable Force. 6-7 months ago. When I rejoined the game I was invited to the Pilgrims and left them for the Squad.

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
I stopped playing wow and when I came back TSF had disbanded. I join Pilgrims because I got alot of invites but their Guild Master Paul was the only one to send a pm before inviting. I thought I would be swamped at evening school but turned out I am only 2 nights out of 4 at school. So I left the Pilgrims for the Squad a PvP guild that was promising. But I found out I couldnt even relay on my 3v3 team to play 10 games at a week. And also my 2v2 team mate recruited a shaman and totaly ruined our record. It was a litle bad because my 2v2 team was pretty good. Anyway I had never really PvPed before and after 2 weeks of Arena I noticed it felt a loners path and tactic became predictable.

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
Pre-TBC I didnt raid. I played alot of Scholomance but never made it to MC. At TBC I raided with TSF we did alot of Karazan cleared it. On Sundays we went to Gruul but I never got him down. I did on the other hand get down Maulgar and was the mage tank at the Maulgar fight.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I have 3 reasons for wanting to join Serenity.
1 reason: When I was raiding with TSF , DKP system was used. I noticed that even how people defended the system with words like ,,It makes hardworking people get what they deserve people that dont show up for raids cant just expect to get items" that the system was flawed for 2 reasons. People that just came in the guild felt like they where not trusted. Secondly the system does not benefit the group as a whole, because a member with loads of DKP might take an item that would be much more of a boozt for someone that maybe didnt even have the item the other one was replacing.
2 reason: I like raiding most in this game. People become more close sometimes helping each other out between raids. And you really get to know alot of people. In raids I improve as a player giving out advice on spell sequence and tricks you can do for lower agro. You also dont want to be a slacker and want to pull your weight. Trying aways to remain among the best playing your class. If someone is playing your class and does alot better then you chances are you can learn from him.
3 reason: I like what I have heard about Serenity from members that disbanded it for the same reason I wish to join. The guild wants to advance it in the game. They take the best possible team they can get at any given raid time. Competition for your spot should not bother you. It is much like any other sport you just have to earn being on the starting team. It doesnt mean that the guild doesnt value members on the bench. It just means the guild wants members to try to improve their game. I dont know about all classes but a good mage and a bad mage is most often based on how good they are at preserving the situation. The diffrence between a good mage and a really good mage is seconds.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
No I like to apply only for one guild at a time. I feel applying to many guild makes you less likely to find one that suites you, since you might miss out because you think some guild is better then another.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Organic hopefully that is ;)

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding each week.

On Wednesdays and Thursdays I am at evening school. But other times are ideal to me since Iceland is 1-2 hours behind server time.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?

Of course

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
Yes I can make oil myself and most often buy adepts exlier, and eat mage food.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals[b]
:wink:

Thank you for reading
Hör?ur Hólm Ingibjargarson

Postby Noblehammer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:19 am

Well answered appilcation

cue Jura's moaning about spellhit...
Noblehammer

Postby Mjölnir » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:19 am

Joined 27.01.
Mjölnir