DENIED | Venge?nce app - paladin ( protection spec )

Moderator: Officers

DENIED | Venge?nce app - paladin ( protection spec )

Postby Venge?nce » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:01 am

Before you even bother, have you read our guild rules and goals? Does it corresponds to what you are looking for? Yes

( x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name (including previous names if any): Formerly karmakola , now named Venge?nce

Class and build:
I’m Prot atm… Can change to holy if needed

Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?:
Armory is nice enough not to work again… I don’t use the other sites.

Former guilds (on Bronzebeard or on your current realm):
Ferocity… Other social guilds, nothing in the way of a raiding guild

Why did you leave your former guilds?:
Im more active then most guild member in my previous guilds, i sometimes play too much :) and ofc I want to try out raiding

What is your former raid experience (pre-TBC and TBC)?
ive had a go raiding in ZG and BRS

Why do you want to join Serenity?
To raid , raid with my best mate karmakaze, to join a guild ive watched from the outside and always wanted to join, to raid kara and higher , to be in an organised guild that has a goal

Do you have open applications to other guilds?
Nope

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
karmakaze , my best mate from highschool and college .

The important questions now. Please take a moment to think about those before you answer.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?
Yep when i get 70

This is probably the most important question. We are a raiding guild, and even though we do not force anyone into raiding, we are expecting players that will join us to show interest in raiding each week.

Can you log on to the Serenity website and sign up on the raid calendar each week whether you can attend raids or not?
yep

Do you intend to show up for raids prepared, PVE raid specced, repaired, enchanted, gemmed and with a minimum set of buffs (food, oils, potions)?
When im geared up you can count on it :)

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? ( x) YES ( ) NO

(x ) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x ) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

It will take a while for me to get the gear ready for 25 man raids and I’m not accustomed to raiding itself but I am eager to learn and I’ll do as I’m told np =)
Venge?nce

Postby Karmakaze » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:30 am

Yep I can vouch for this noob... Great guy he will fit in nicely with the guild and yeah he isn't lvl 70 and he has no raid exp but it isn't hard to learn the ropes in Kara etc
Karmakaze

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:15 am

If you're is a nice guy I will gladly help you become a tankadin.

If the gear youre wearing in armory is your tanking gear then you need to understand a few things. Soz - but its quite terrible and could be much better just by questing and buying greens at AH.

Also your talents need a bit of rearranging before fitting the tanking mould.

I suggest you spend some time at maintankadin.failsafedesign.com and read up on the life as a tankadin.

If you get lucky with the app. youre welcome to contact me and we can talk it all over. Well, also if you don't get lucky:) Hope to see you in guild.

Thx for choosing the rough tankadin road

Greetings,

Slam
Slamdorff

Postby Venge?nce » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Thanks for the adivce :) yeh my gear kinda went wierd after 60 :(
Venge?nce

Postby Theseus » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Hey Venge"a"nce,

as you have a non Latin letter in your name, please supply the Alt+(Num Pad) combo so that standard Latin or English character sets can generate it. Thanks.
Theseus

Postby venge?nce » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Yeh sorry its an MAC computer, i just hold the alt key and click a to get the ?
is much faster to use the Alt (Num Pad combo), espicially in game.
venge?nce

Postby Theseus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:51 am

venge?nce wrote:Yeh sorry its an MAC computer, i just hold the alt key and click a to get the ?
is much faster to use the Alt (Num Pad combo), espicially in game.

That does not help us Windows users and even then for Macs you still have to have the character set that uses that character enabled to use the Alt A method. Thus the Alt NumPad combo which is a command achieved by holding the Alt key while entering a three to four number combo on the Num Pad. I give an example of one in the sticky, "Intro to Serenity":

3. Our guild language is English. Although we are a pan European guild with members with different mother tongues, the common language we use in Guild, Party and Raid chat is English. To that end, if your character name has a special character not found in the English language character set (example: ë) then please supply the Alt Numpad combo for that character (example: Alt 137 for ë)

Even though I could copy and paste that character from this post, it
Theseus

Postby Adamantite » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:31 pm

http://www.asciitable.com

or alt 134 for ?
Adamantite

Postby venge?nce » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:59 pm

yeh thats the one thankyou :), i am english btw , im trying to get a different keyboard :(
venge?nce

Postby Theseus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:18 pm

venge?nce wrote:yeh thats the one thankyou :), i am english btw , im trying to get a different keyboard :(

Its not the keyboard but the character set used by the OS. You can use any keyboard brand or physical layout, however if you have not changed the character set in the OS, then what you type will be same as your old keyboard/layout. Even the keyboard shortcuts (like your Alt A for ?) will be the same. I know this as occasionally I have to switch to the Greek character set in order to email some friends in Ελλας (Greece). However I have to define a toggle ahead of time in order to do this as my normal character set is the US one.
Theseus

Postby venge?nce » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:42 pm

how would i change how its set ?
venge?nce

Postby Theseus » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:36 pm

With Macs I am not exactly sure, however look for a Language or International options panel which might be found with your System settings. I think it has an icon of a blue flag. Either that or it will be an icon of a keyboard.
Last edited by Theseus on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theseus

Postby venge?nce » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm

ty will look into it :)
venge?nce

Postby Theseus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Venge?nce,

Do you wish to continue this applcation. Normally we only keep application open for a limited time. Please post in this thread if you wish to continue.
Theseus

Postby venge?nce » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Yes i would like to continue my application to serenity :)
venge?nce

Next

Return to Recruitment