TRIAL | Sanarion/Svix

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL | Sanarion/Svix

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:28 am

(*) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name: Svix

- Any previous in-game names?

I have a lvl 70 Hunter named Kriss aswell and some lower lvl alts

Class: Rogue

Race: Night Elf

Level: 70

Current build: 17/42/2

Professions: LW/Skinning

Rare or useful recipes/formulas: Im afraid not.

Flying mount?: Yes

Keys and Attunements (Pre-BC): Ehh Strat.. =)

Keys and Attunement (BC): Kara and all heroic keys

Current gear and why you use it. Please give us an idea of your current gear: Ive gone all PvP on this char so i have the Gladiator gear S.1 and the epic pants from Heroic SP. Am aminig on getting alot better PvE gear shortly.

- Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?

Time you are typically online during the week and the weekends?

Im online basicly most nights, maybe not that much fri and sat but usually come online at night even then. normal time online is from 5-6 to 1 and forward.

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?

Absolutely

Is this your main character? well, Kriss the hunter is my main but i never play him so this is my new main =)

Former guilds on Bronzebeard

This char has only been in Madhouse inmates.

Why did you leave your former guilds?

We are doin Kara alot atm and some Zul runs, but thats it.. there is so much else to this game than those instances and it feels like im missing out on a big part of the game. I wanna go places and see things and learn stuff u dont do with a "normal" guild. I play alot so why not play it to the fullest?

If you are a cross realm transfer, what was your previous realm:

- Former guilds on that server and why you left:

Why do you want to join Serenity?

Serenity seems like a guild with same goals as I have, to have fun while playing but still go somewhere and do those speciall instances that u do, u experience the game to its fullest and i want to do that aswell. ive read ur guild info and rules and i aggree to these rules gladly (espesially the ninja part lol) U seem like a nice crew to hang out with and thats what its all about.

Do you have open applications to other guilds?

Nope

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?

Not vouch maybe, but ive spoken some to Skippa before applying.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (*) YES ( ) NO

Describe yourself and why we should pick you:

I am an social,easy goin,helpfull and active player who might not know everything but am happy learn!

Other information that you may want to share with us that may affect your application (work, family):

(*) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(*) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Svix » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:33 am

Svix

Postby Skibba » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:24 am

Hey Svix, thanks for applying.

We spoke in game and I explained to you that with your current gear you would not be eligible to raid SSC/TK with us at the moment, but the officers have recently been discussing opening up recruitment to players that show potential and have the right attitude and are willing to join Serenity and put effort into their character outside of the 25 man raids, and stick with us for the long haul and hopefully both the players and the guild will enjoy the benefits of this.

After speaking with you for some I decided that I liked your attitude and your willingness to learn and put effort in so thought it would be good for you to put an application on the forums for the other officers to also hear from you and discuss the application.

As you are aware, if you were to join you would be mainly running Karahzan with members who need badges of justice for their main character, or gear for their alts.

As I mentioned I would link a few suggestions as to ways you can get your gear to a higher standard and a few changes to your spec that would increase your dps in raids.

Firstly your MH weapon needs upgrading, which is easily done through BG's and honor points as you can buy the S1 MH weapon, as you have done with your OH.

Secondly, the gems/enchants you have on your current gear is good for PvP but for PvE you need a much higher hit rating. You dont want to worry too much about the socket bonuses, but instead focus on the 4hit/4agi or 8hit gems. Also you want to change your enchants from stamina to agility or attack power enchants.

Finally, your spec/build has the right idea but there are a few strange choices. In the combat tree you want 3/3 imp Slice and Dice so that you can keep up SnD the whole time, whilst still doing 5 combo point ruptures (or eviscerates depending on the fight) and you also want 5/5 combat potency, because that talent is what makes the combat tree so strong, and when combined with a high amount of +hit, it makes your available energy over a long boss fight skyrocket.

Also in the assasination tree you have points put into Remorseless Attacks which is a talent that is handy for leveling, but in raids it is pretty redundant, because it kicks in when a mob dies, but the buff will have worn off before you are engaging the next mob.

This link http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0ebovZGcV0dVzxMGot is a build which would be much better suited towards PvE, and may even prove to work out better for you in arenas too.

I highly recommend you head over to http://forums.roguespot.com and follow the sticky threads on there which tell you how to register your Rogue on the forum. Once that is done you can read this post:-

http://forums.roguespot.com/viewtopic.php?t=5499&start=0

This is a list of a different Rogue gear that is available from quests and 5 man dungeons and it tells you where each of the items come from and if they drop in normal or heroic mode. It also lists Kara gear and beyond, but for the time being you should focus on the 'Pre Kara' list so that you can gear yourself up more towards the PvE side of the game.

I notice you are a leather worker too, so i'd recommend getting some Fel Leather items which are high on +hit, and with a little effort you can be up to 150 - 200 hit in no time.

To sum it all up:-

a) Regem pvp gear with +hit gems
b) Register on Roguespot forums and do a bit of reading
c) Get into some 5 mans/Heroics to fill out the other pieces of armor that need some work.

Thanks again for applying. The other officers and I will discuss your application and get back to you as soon as we can.

Take care

Skibba

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Skibba » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:45 pm

Also, just incase I didnt post enough info before here is a couple of other links that you may find really helpful.

Orisis' Rogue Guide

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dt4f32p_4dcj7jt

Another 'Pre raid gear list'

http://wowdigger.com/character/view/45195/pre-raid

Take care

Skibba

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Mjölnir » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Mjölnir

Return to Recruitment