JOINED| Chastise

Moderator: Officers

JOINED| Chastise

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:49 pm

(Y ) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name: Chastise

- Any previous in-game names? Xebabe (changed for more game orientated name in 'name change' patch)

Class: Priest

Race: Human

Level: 70

Current build: 42/19/0

Professions: Alch&Erbs

Rare or useful recipes/formulas: None

Flying mount?: Yes

Keys and Attunements (Pre-BC): None

Keys and Attunement (BC): All Heriocs and Kara

Current gear and why you use it. Please give us an idea of your current gear: Gladiator, Vindicator and Karazhan drops, cos its the best gear available to me at this stage of the game.

- Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Chastise

Time you are typically online during the week and the weekends? Sat-Thur 8pm-12/1am GMT. on/off Sat/Sun daytime

Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time? Yes

Is this your main character? Yes

Former guilds on Bronzebeard - None

Why did you leave your former guilds? I am still with them currently but they are not large enough for 25 man content and usually raid pre8

If you are a cross realm transfer, what was your previous realm: Aszune

- Former guilds on that server and why you left: Hands of Justice (dispanded)

Why do you want to join Serenity? Late night raiding of 25 content I want to experience

Do you have open applications to other guilds? No

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? No

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (Y) YES ( ) NO

Describe yourself and why we should pick you: I enjoy the challenge of learning new instances and bosses. I am able to lead or to listen. Offer advice and accept help. I will make you laugh and make you cry!

Other information that you may want to share with us that may affect your application (work, family): Im married with 2 kids (7 and 3). Im housebound most evenings and therefore play alot. I also have a 70 Hunter http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Violation but my love for me Priest has overtaken.

(Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(Y) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Jura » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Nice aplication. I think it could be worth checkout out, what do others say?
Jura
Nerf me!

Postby Skibba » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:09 pm

We certainly could use another healer, but im not one myself so not my place to give the yes or no, but the application seems fine and you seem to have a good attitude and want to join Serenity for the right reasons.

Im at work at the moment so not able to check the armory for gear/spec, so just wondered, does this spec have imp spirit buff? We only have one priest with imp spirit in the guild at the moment if im not mistaken. Would be handy to have another.

Thanks for applying, and one of the priest officers will no doubt let you know asap.

Cheers

Skibba

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Adamantite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi.

Nice app and fine gear, you seem to fit us very well.
Funny name for your toon: Chastise :-). I would have guessed you to be dwarf, since we just gotten that spell :-). Did you change the name or is it just a coincidence?
Adamantite

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Skibba wrote:Im at work at the moment so not able to check the armory for gear/spec, so just wondered, does this spec have imp spirit buff? We only have one priest with imp spirit in the guild at the moment if im not mistaken. Would be handy to have another.

yes 2/2
Im currently doing Karazhan and PvP so spec is suited for both at the moment. Im happy to respec more Discipline or Holy (not geared for shadow).

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:17 pm

Aiwendel wrote:Hi.
Nice app and fine gear, you seem to fit us very well.
Funny name for your toon: Chastise :-). I would have guessed you to be dwarf, since we just gotten that spell :-). Did you change the name or is it just a coincidence?

yes lol its just im simply useless at deciding on names. After 3 hours of 'that names taken' i worked my way down the spell list.

Postby Adamantite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:25 pm

Ahh, ok :-). Chastise was introduced in path 2.3, so you have changed you name recently? Got to give my name some thought too. Mithrilbeard isn't very innovative :-). But at least it's better than Tusv?r...
Adamantite

Re: Priest - Chastise

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:
- Any previous in-game names? Xebabe (changed for more game orientated name in 'name change' patch)

example of previous bad name choice

Postby Mjölnir » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Solid application, i vouch for a trial.

When reading here thru the topic i saw one comment from you

"not geared for shadow"

Does that mean that when you get the gear for shadow you respec ? Or are you used to healing and enjoy it ?

We had in the past some cases where we invited Healer, they became members, and after some weeks they wanted to be suddenly dps. That leaded then to a pool of many dpsers, but not enough healers.

So are you planing to stay holy ?
Mjölnir

Postby Adamantite » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Lol, Xebabe. No need to guess your toons gender then :-)!

Sorry about me being suspicious. Comes with the job :-(. We had some bad experience in the past.

Hope to catch you in game!

Will you create a low level for some chatting, or is you toon already on his way for Bronzebeard?
Adamantite

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Mjölnir wrote:Solid application, i vouch for a trial.

When reading here thru the topic i saw one comment from you

"not geared for shadow"

Does that mean that when you get the gear for shadow you respec ? Or are you used to healing and enjoy it ?

So are you planing to stay holy ?

Yes sry Holy/Discipline as all the gear I have is +heal. A respec to Shadow when mean a complete regear so not ideal
Holy is fun, saving guildies lives has its own rewards
Discipline just makes healing a little more fun with power infusion and pain suppression

Postby Mikah » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:01 pm

Anonymous wrote:Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time? Yes

Hi Chastise,

Thanks for the application. Sounds very nice, and looks like you want to join us for the right reason (late raiding).

We could certainly afford a good holy priest, and your application seems solid. For all I care, you could be all geared up in green crap, it's the attitude that counts. Gear will follow.

So the real questions are:

Are you willing to attend raids at least 2-3 times a week? (we usually raid 4 nights in 25man raids).

Will you sign up as either queued or cancelled for all raids posted?

Will you bring a minimal set of buffs to raids? (mana pots, mana oil, food buffs?)

If raiding is what you are looking for, we will certainly give you a trial!

P.S. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name Chastise is taken on this server!
Mikah

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Aiwendel wrote:Lol, Xebabe. No need to guess your toons gender then :-)!

Sorry about me being suspicious. Comes with the job :-(. We had some bad experience in the past.

Hope to catch you in game!

Will you create a low level for some chatting, or is you toon already on his way for Bronzebeard?

ah yes it had to be, rather watch a birds bum for 5 hours a day than a mans
Ill make a toon on Bronzebeard for some chit chat
ahhhh ill have to think of another name! that may take a while..

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Mikah wrote:Hi Chastise,
Thanks for the application. Sounds very nice, and looks like you want to join us for the right reason (late raiding).
We could certainly afford a good holy priest, and your application seems solid. For all I care, you could be all geared up in green crap, it's the attitude that counts. Gear will follow.
So the real questions are:
Are you willing to attend raids at least 2-3 times a week? (we usually raid 4 nights in 25man raids).
Will you sign up as either queued or cancelled for all raids posted?
Will you bring a minimal set of buffs to raids? (mana pots, mana oil, food buffs?)
If raiding is what you are looking for, we will certainly give you a trial!
P.S. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name Chastise is taken on this server!

Agree gear<attitude, but it is needed for progression
not sure what queued or cancelled means?
always bring 2 stacks super heal& mana pots with backup up PvP pot honor free ones. My cooking needs work 363.
I was thinking of signing up for all 4 runs per week... pick me if im needed on that night..
Chastise is not yet taken on your server but will be when I get home from work ;)

Postby Mikah » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:Agree gear<attitude, but it is needed for progression

Actually, we would rather think long term and look for someone who will be raiding with us for months even if we need to help with gear to get started then to recruit some epic geared guy who will leave after 1 month.

Anonymous wrote:not sure what queued or cancelled means?

Means we ask players to log on forums once a week at least to check the raids on the calendar, and sign up as either on (queued) or say if they can't (cancelled). But don't worry, I'm sure Skibba will "politely" remind you if you don't ^^.

Anonymous wrote:I was thinking of signing up for all 4 runs per week... pick me if im needed on that night..

We usually are thin on healers, so you will see a lot of action if that is what you want!

Looking forward to seeing you in action! SSC and TK reset tomorrow, so you better start reading on the bosses!! :D
Mikah

Next

Return to Recruitment