TRIAL | Cross realm application - Tecca

Moderator: Officers

TRIAL | Cross realm application - Tecca

Postby Tecca_ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Heh, this kinda turned into an essay, if you want to count enthusiasm to join as a good thing, please do :-)

(X) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

<b>In game name:</b> Tecca

<b>Class:</b> Druid

<b>Race:</b> Night ELf

<b>Level:</b> 70

<b>Current build:</b> Boomkin!

<b>Professions:</b> 375 skinning, 375 leatherworking

<b>Rare or useful recipes/formulas:</b>A couple of the Sylin' hats, many rep patterns

<b>Flying mount?:</b> I <i>am</i> a flying mount :-)

<b>Age:</b> 28

<b>Country:</b> UK

<b>Keys and Attunements (Pre-BC):</b> Only scholo, I only leveled this character up recently so I skipped most of the level 60 content this time through.

<b>Keys and Attunement (BC):</b> All heroic except auch; Karazhan

<b>Current gear and why you use it. Please give us an idea of your current gear:</b>
I'm at +826 spell damage, 7.8k mana, 21% crit. I've been attempting to stay with leather caster gear, but its pretty tough going. The itemization for leather casters is pretty sparse in end game. I leveled up leatherworking just so I could make the 3-piece leather caster set. Which was quite a grind... I want to replace my green trinket (I've been trying for the heroic underbog one, but it either doesn't drop or someone else wins it).

<b>Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?</b>http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=Tecca

<b>Time you are typically online during the week and the weekends?</b> Most weekdays, but never tuesdays. Between 8pm-1am server time if I'm in an instance or PvP'ing. Weekends I'm usually on quite a lot, but not always all day on Saturdays.

<b>Can you play at our official raiding times which are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 9pm - 1am server time?</b> Yes, this really is ideal for me.

<b>Is this your main character?</b> Yes

<b>Former guilds on Bronzebeard</b> None

<b>If you are a cross realm transfer, what was your previous realm:</b> Earthern Ring

<b>- Former guilds on that server and why you left: </b> Primo. They are a smaller guild doing quite a bit of PvP and the occasional raid. They are most active too early for me, so I miss out on a lot of events.

<b>Why do you want to join Serenity?</b>
I've been playing WoW almost since it launched on the US servers. About a year ago I moved back to the UK and at first I tried to keep playing and raiding on the US server, but the time difference was just too much.

I want to join Serenity for two main reasons: Of course, I want to bring down as many bosses as possible and see as much content as I can before we move on to Northrend. And secondly, I want to be among a like minded group of people. People who play the game for the sake of the game, not just for the epics. Spending a night wiping on a new boss with a group of determined, but fun people is often more fun than farming through some instance for the 50th time.

I'll have to transfer servers if you're willing to give me a trial, but thats fine with me. If I get a positive response I'll make the transfer straight away and see you in game probably the next day (I've never transfered servers before, but I think its pretty fast usually).

<b>Do you have open applications to other guilds?</b> No

<b>Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?</b> No

<b>We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this?</b> (X) YES ( ) NO

<b>Describe yourself and why we should pick you:</b>
I play quite a lot and am always willing to help people out. I'm calm and stay focused in raids, but enjoying chatting and being sarcastic too :-) On my old mage I raided MC/BWL/AQ, back when it was fashionable, until my eyes bled. Being the only brit in a US guild they made me call all the damage shields/timers/etc on bosses just so everyone could mock my accent :-)

Also, from browsing through your guild listing on armory you don't seem to have any boomkins at all. A travesty! Your mages/warlocks will love standing next to me :-)

<b>Other information that you may want to share with us that may affect your application (work, family):</b>
I'm the lead programmer at a video games company, so occasionally things get crazy and I end up working really late every day for a week or so. This only happened twice in the past year, and I'd of course post in the forums/let an officer know I was just out of the game temporarily.

Thanks for your time!
Tecca_

Postby Organic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Good luck with app

Cant see your armory page atm for some reason :S <3 Blizzard

I want to join Serenity for two main reasons: Of course, I want to bring down as many bosses as possible and see as much content as I can before we move on to Northrend. And secondly, I want to be among a like minded group of people. People who play the game for the sake of the game, not just for the epics. Spending a night wiping on a new boss with a group of determined, but fun people is often more fun than farming through some instance for the 50th time.

Good attitude

Do you still play your mage? or is it still active? if so got a link to armory?

Just asking ;)

Best of luck with app
Organic

Postby Tusvor » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Yes....gief boomkin...as we are in dire need of druids, i can only welcome u....u for sure get my vote for trial :)
Tusvor

Postby Skibba » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:35 pm

Seems like a solid app, and he's from the UK too which is often a good thing...... unless he is a Northerner. If so we may have to ban him from talking on vent :D

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Neud » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Hm, Skibba.... you say that being from UK is a good thing.... I hope you do not mean being not from UK is bad :)

Anyway, I think trial will be justified in this case, especially due to the attitude which seems to fit ours well.

I would of course be happier seeing feral druids apply (5% physical crit ftw), but anyway I would say Trial here :)
Kind regards
Neud, CFA

Neud

Postby Tecca_ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:43 pm

>> Do you still play your mage? or is it still active? if so got a link to armory?

He's one of the (many) casulties of the US/UK switch over. I checked the US armory, but I haven't played him so long hes not listed.

>> unless he is a Northerner

If I was any more southern I'd be French, I currently live on the Isle of Wight :-) Although I did go to University "up north", living on the south coast for 20+ years innoculated me from their evil pronunciations :-)
Tecca_

Postby Organic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:44 pm

OOOO So you're coming i-33 then right? :D
Organic

Postby Excubitor » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Nice application.

As mentioned we need droods but your gear leaves allot to wish for. I see allot of Kara and Heroic runs - or some soriouse PvP ´ing for a week or two before you are up to speed.

But good luck - and only for being a drood you get my wote
Have fun

Excubitor

"Its a bird"
Excubitor

Postby Cliffor » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Lo druidzor nice application and yes ur gear needs some working on.

But Can some1 pls tell WTF is wong with being a Northerner ............ :evil:
Cliffor

Postby Mjölnir » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:02 pm

Solid application Tecca.

Like mentioned before your gear needs some upgrade but that shouldnt be much of a problem.

What is much more important to us beside of you fitting to us from the social side is that you have the will for regular raiding and enjoying it.
We have 4 raiddays per week, and at least at 2 days you should be able to join.

If that fits to you i suggest you make a lvl1char on bronzebeard so we can talk a bit and if you like what you are haring/seeing, you can transfer your char for a trial.
Mjölnir

Postby Theseus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:14 pm

Hey Tecca, nice application. Although you are a bit undergeared for our leveling of raiding, you do show a strong willingness get yourself geared up plus you have a great attitude. I know how much of a pain in the ass it is get caster gear for Boomkin as I played the spec for a bit when we where wiping in Gruul's Lair. I ended up grabbing cloth caster gear (a lot of cloth and primal grinding) for the job plus stuff that dropped in Karazhan. However our Offensive Casters will love you (they loved me when I was Boomkin). Nice to see a fellow shapesifter and possible future underli... erm comrade (I am the Druid CL) :D . So a big ol battle-scarred Bear (me) and a "Phasers ready!" Boomkin in our raids will be very nice.

Lol, you where a Brit playing on the US servers. I am the opposite, an American playing on the EU servers (however I live in Europe). Hope to see ya around soon!
Last edited by Theseus on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theseus

Postby Tecca_ » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:14 pm

I really like raiding, that was my motivation for re-rolling on an EU server, I just couldn't raid on the US time zone anymore. I'l certainly try and be at all 4 raids a week, as I mentioned, I tend to play a lot, so I'll probably be online even if I don't get a raid slot.

I've just created a level 1 pladin (been meaning to start one for ages anyway :-) ), name is Linnet.

Thanks!
Tecca_

Postby Theseus » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:18 pm

BTW. I fixed your BBcoding in your previous post. BBCodeing uses "[]" not "<>" though if you are an old HTML guy like myself, the difference can throw you.
Theseus

Postby Noblehammer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:48 pm

Cliffor wrote:Lo druidzor nice application and yes ur gear needs some working on.

But Can some1 pls tell WTF is wong with being a Northerner ............ :evil:

Northerners in the U.K are generally considered a lesser type species of the human race than humans living in the south.

As such Northerners ,or dirty rotten northern scum bags as they are also known, are considerably less intelligent, less cultured and have eating habbits similar to a troll.
A brief explanation of the problems a northerner can cause is located Here

It is always a good idea to get you northerner neutered as they can cause havoc if left alone with a female.

Also remember a Northerner is for life not just for christmas.
Stay safe.
Noblehammer

Postby Organic » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:28 pm

LMAO¬! :lol: noble!
Organic

Return to Recruitment