APPLICATION CLOSED | Xrealm application: Melody

Moderator: Officers

APPLICATION CLOSED | Xrealm application: Melody

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:48 pm

Hello Serenity! Before I get in to my application I’m going to give a brief “About Me”. I think it’s always better to know the person behind the character..so here goes! My name is Holly, I’m 18 and I live near Northampton in England. I work full time for a building society. I started here in November and was previously a pretty hardcore raider. When I started work I realised I just didn’t have time to raid anymore; I was rushing home and having to log right on to raid. It was just silly so I decided to quit WoW. I really miss raiding and would love to get back in to it, and yesterday I decided that it might be worth looking into a late night raiding guild, which is how I came across you guys. Gawd, this is turning into a proper essay :p I wasn’t even going to mention WoW in the starting paragraph :O Anyway! Obviously, having just turned 18, going out on the lash is a big part of my life atm! So Friday/Saturday night raiding is a big no-no for me. Other than that, I love my music, Family Guy and…that’s about it I think actually!If you’re still reading, I already love you.

Oh, one last thing. This is a cross realm application. My current realm is Turalyon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Melody
Race/Class: Night Elf Priest
Spec: Shadow (14/0/47)
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Melody
As you can see, all my items are gemmed and enchanted with the best possible. About the green trinket; I ran countless amounts of Heroic Slave Pens for Quagmirran’s Eye and it never dropped =[ I am considering going for the Darkmoon trinket if/when I return to the game. As most shadow priests, I aim for maximum hit rating, followed by shadow spell damage. Spell crit isn’t a big deal for me; it’s a nice bonus but I’m not desperate to build my crit up just yet.
Professions: 375 Tailoring.
I have a couple of rare/epic patterns, but can’t remember which at the moment. I know Spellstrike Hood is one of them, as is Bracers of Havok. I don’t have anything extremely rare.
268 Enchanting
I picked up enchanting not long before I quit WoW, for the ring enchants. I tried to power level it asap, and will continue doing so when I get back to the game.
Attunements: I am attuned to everywhere except BT/MH.
Heroic Keys: I have every heroic key and have completed every heroic instance.
Playtimes: During the week, I will probable just log on for raids, and some heroics on a Tuesday night possibly. At weekends I will probably be online a lot during the day. I think to be a part of a guild; you really do need to do more than just log on for the raids. You need to build up friendships within the guild so that raiding is about fun. It’s a game after all.
Previous Guilds:My last guild was The Phoenix Reborn. I joined this guild just as I was starting my job and I soon realised that rushing home from work for raids just wasn’t going to be fun, so I left the game. Before TPR, I was a member of Silent Blade Knights for many months. I loved this guild but it fell apart after a long summer of no progress. If you need someone to vouch for me, I am sure Omghesdead (my previous Class Leader) would do so.
Why Serenity?It was your raiding times that drew me in, but after looking around your forums for a bit you seem like a close group of people who want fun, not just loot. I think I would fit in well in Serenity. You are the only guild I am applying to. Since it is a cross server application, I don’t have anyone in Serenity who could vouch for me unfortunately.
Loot Rules: I really don’t mind what loot rules you use; I raid because I want to see new bosses go down, loot is just an afterthought. I can still remember the first time SBK downed Gruul, the sound on vent was mental.
Describe yourself and why we should pick you: I already described myself :O But I think you should pick me because I pride myself on being a good player. It’s quite sad really :p I love reading up on my class, and trying to work out new ways to improve my damage etc. Even since “quitting” I have remained a regular to shadowpriest.com! :p Like I already said, I am not just in raids for the loot, I am there because I want to be part of a team who progresses. I believe that you should use all resources to improve yourself. i.e. Craft items/do heroics etc etc for better gear; you can’t always rely on drops. I am a hardworker and I believe that you get out of the game what you put into it.

I think that’s about it! Sorry that it’s pretty long and boring, but I get carried away! And sorry it doesn’t completely fit your template, all the info is there though, I think. If not, don't hesitate to ask me for whatevers missing. And I have read, and agree to, all the stickies :] Looking forward to hearing from you!

Holly

Postby Noblehammer » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:51 pm

Seems like u might be a good addtion to our raiding team since we rarely have a spriest in our raids at the moment, however i dont know a thing about spriests, :P

good luck with ur app
Noblehammer

Postby Mikah » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:20 am

Hi Holly,

Thank you for taking the time for filling an application. We are certainly looking for a regular shadowpriest to join our raid force and you seem to be geared for where we are at.

We would be happy to offer you a trial. Please let us know whenever transfer is completed!
Mikah

Postby Tusvor » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:06 am

Hi Holly.....nice and solid app, u seem like a skilled and nice m8, u got my vote for trial for sure :)
Tusvor

Postby Ishtar » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:46 am

She got the gear to join raids just for the heads up :)

Got my vote. Nice app!

Ish ;)
"If you can't beat them, join them"
Ishtar

Postby Theseus » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Nice application, I am glad to see more good X-realm players coming here. Turalyon was my first server back in the old days (May 2005).

I will be glad to see you here.
Theseus

Postby Neud » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:18 pm

Welcome Melody
Kind regards
Neud, CFA

Neud

Postby Melody » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:48 pm

Thanks for the nice replies guys!
I have a pretty busy weekend this weekend, but I will get WoW installing on my lappie tomorrow, and will buy a new game card on Monday, and will get the transfer process going asap. Will keep you up to date with how it's going :D
Speak to you all in game soon!
Holly x
Melody

Postby Somnus » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:41 pm

Humm, Hello Holly guess who...:-)

If you cant guess...ill tell you when you have moved server...just like I did from Turalyon.

Btw I changed my name.
Somnus

Postby Tusvor » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:48 pm

Somnus wrote:Humm, Hello Holly guess who...:-)

If you cant guess...ill tell you when you have moved server...just like I did from Turalyon.

Btw I changed my name.

This sounds spooky.........:P
Tusvor

Postby Somnus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:07 am

Well.......maybe we know each other kinda IRL.

Now thats spooky :p

It would be good to see Holly here, I have played with her before and i can easily say she is an exceptional player.

Funny how you seem to be stalking me ;-)

First one guild, then the next and now here!

You must have guessed who this is by now :p
Somnus

Postby Melody » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:36 am

You loser, you have your hotmail address on your profile on here! Hey Nat :p

I honestly didn't even remember this was your server, haha. I googled late night raiding EU and found a thread of different guilds :O And liked the name Serenity :p lolz
So I'm not stalking you...You just wish I was!
Melody

Postby Organic » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:19 pm

zomg Som (pocket pala) has a stalker...... and there was me just thinking that was gurham....... :shock:

Any who....

Great app, hopefully see ya around

Laterz moi

:shock:
Organic

Postby Somnus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:10 pm

damn it...did think you were that clever.....jokes :-D

Will be good to see ya in the same guild soon!

Laterz
Somnus

Postby Theseus » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:30 pm

Melody wrote:You loser, you have your hotmail address on your profile on here! Hey Nat :p

I honestly didn't even remember this was your server, haha. I googled late night raiding EU and found a thread of different guilds :O And liked the name Serenity :p lolz
So I'm not stalking you...You just wish I was!

Muwhaha :twisted: ! Looks like my fishing expedition has reeled in another catch! I am so glad I found that thread and posted in there.
Theseus

Next

Return to Recruitment