Moderator: Officers

LEFT | Xirouz

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:59 am

In game name: Xirouz

Class: Paladin

Race: Human

Level: 70

Current build: 0/51/10

Professions: JC/BS/FA 375, fishing 225, cooking quite low.

Rare or useful recipes/formulas: Got all resistance gears from BS (except BT ones), resistance rings/necklaces from JC, also got few epic patterns from BS/JC. DPS plate bracers, DPS (SSC trash drop) plate belt, Dirge (rogue dagger) and some useless JC cloth headpiece. Also got several rare and Meta gems from JC (not all).

Flying mount?: Yes

Keys and Attunements (Pre-BC): MC, BWL, ONY, NAXX

Keys and Attunement (BC): Kara. For MH i still need to kill Kael and for BT need to kill Alar and MH first boss as slacked with BT attunement :)

Current gear and why you use it. Please give us an idea of your current gear:
My current gear is basicly t4 quality with some new badge loot and crafted epics. Its basicly quite well balanced to keep me uncrushable with fair amount of stamina. With some work i can easily get my unpuffed spelldmg to around 350-400. I use this gear as even atm it provides me with fair amount of stats/spelldmg, which easies AOEtanking and is still viable for TK/SSC boss tanking.

- Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?
Sorry, cant get link as armory gives me some strange error atm when i try to enter O_o

Time you are typically online during the week and the weekends?
18pm - 01am during the week, friday and saturday i often keep as offdays . Sunday raids aint problem as im most likely available most of time.

Can you play at our planned raiding times which can be any day typically from 9pm - 1am server time?
Yes

Is this your main character?
Yes

Former guilds on Bronzebeard / Why did you leave your former guilds?
None (I transferred to Bronzebeard from Silvermoon, as this realm has more opportunities to play this game so i enjoy it. At Silvermoon i played at guild Legenda [Formerly Metalliliitto], i left when guild got split up as i didnt agree with some issues that new GM introduced. I was previous GM there. Still know several of those players in reallife so no hard feelings. After that i joined guild Alter Ego, 7 days / week 5 hours / day raiding aint just my "thing" started feeling like another job. Also got slightly bored to just spam 2 same spells for 3th year :). After talking with GM i decided to leave, as they simply didnt have place to offer me as any other spec than holy. I didnt leave until they got me replaced thought, and there was no "drama" leaving there. That just wasnt the way i wanted to play this game and my previous GM luckily understood that.)

Why do you want to join Serenity?
Your guild has great raiding times for me, as usually i get from work at 19.00 servertime. Also raiding progress is where i hope my futurecome guild would be :) Defining yourselves as "mature guild" is also fairly positive. You also raid just correct amount / week (considering what i talked with Jura and read from your post at realm forums) at "right" days. From members in guild i cant say much, but i hope nice people and that i can chat with them outside raids also :)

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
I hope you all vouch me :roll: no not really, just transferred here.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (X) YES ( ) NO

Describe yourself and why we should pick you:
Well im motivated player and i have no problem keeping very high attendance in raids if im needed. I have experience from paladin class for allmost 3 years and ive played all talent trees fairly succesfully at raids. For every spec i have quite nice gear, healing is obviously best (t4/t5 mix), retri mostly SSC loot with some crafted items. Personally im quite stable person, i can take criticism and advices, thought that means i also give constructive feedback. No matter what rank people are (this is serious business you know...). Nah joking. See im funny guy! And if i get to trial people get to know me better ofc :)

Other information that you may want to share with us that may affect your application (work, family):
I work for biggest telephoneoperator at Finland usually from 10am to 15pm or 12pm to 20pm 2+ GMT, i also have GF that lives 150km away, she comes back for weekends from school so thats one reason to keep friday/saturday aspect somewhat Wow-free :) I also have 2 REALLY cute cats from which i post pic only if you accept me :roll:

For further information /w me in-game

(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(X) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Postby Adamantite » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:56 am

Hi Xirouz.

Tx for a very solid application and a tanking paladin is just what we need right now. You sound like you're made of the right stuff to join Serenity.
We will have a talk with you ingame.

See you,
Aiwendel
Adamantite

Postby Torson » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:02 am

Tärve! Mine olli hurri "lol" or somthing like that. Just want to say hi to our new tankadin perhaps :). Take it easy m8 and go an drink some kosken now :)....bb
Torson

Postby Organic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:40 am

nice app good luck :)

Laterz

F|!mp / Orgán!c :shock:
Organic

Re: 70lvl protectionpaladin

Postby Skibba » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:12 am

Xirouz wrote:I also have 2 REALLY cute cats from which i post pic only if you accept me :roll:

Gief invite!!!

I want to see pictures of his cute cats, and if inviting him is the only way that will happen then thats a good enough reason right there :)

Skibba

p.s. I like cats http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/index.html?start=500

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Slamdorff » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:18 am

How nice to see a solid tankadin application.

I support this application and and really hope to see you joining us.

Looking forward to discussing and learning bit and pieces from you.
And also to the night where all the warriors are in bed with the flu, so we can show how a pair can dance.

Greetings,

Slamdorff
A fellow in small community
Slamdorff

Postby Mikah » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:41 am

Is he in yet?
Mikah

Postby Adamantite » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:44 am

Easy now people :-). The guy applied today! One of the officers will have a talk with him. But with all those nice replies, I'm sure Xirouz feels at home already :).
Adamantite

Postby Jura » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:54 am

Get him in!

Chieftain has spoken :D
Jura
Nerf me!

Postby Mjölnir » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Let the server come back up, let me log in, let me see if he is online, let me talk with him, let me invite him :D
Mjölnir

Postby Tusvor » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm

Well if Slamdorrf can vote for him then he gets my vote as well :)
Tusvor

Postby Noblehammer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:02 pm

Xirouz wrote:
Current gear and why you use it. Please give us an idea of your current gear:
My current gear is basicly t4 quality with some new badge loot and crafted epics. Its basicly quite well balanced to keep me uncrushable with fair amount of stamina. With some work i can easily get my unpuffed spelldmg to around 350-400. I use this gear as even atm it provides me with fair amount of stats/spelldmg, which easies AOEtanking and is still viable for TK/SSC boss tanking.

Hmm dont mean to nitpick but i think when you say this you are referring to critical strikes rather than crushing blows.

If you get over 490 defense then you are uncrittable which is ofc needed for any sort of tank.
However you are not uncrushable, base crushing blows is 15% for a mob, and the only way to knock crushing blows off the attack table is to some how acheive either a 100% block rating or dodge, maybe this is acheivable however it would require amazing gear and would have to take stats from other stuff like stam. (although i think rogues can get pretty high dodge).

Also nice application, spoke to you last night seems like a good dude, and we seriously need another prot pally.

and slam m8, when will a dorf ever get the flu we have stoneform and +10 base frost resist, however we all might fall asleep simultaneosuly like cliff does :D

Noblehammers Rating: gief
Noblehammer

Postby Theseus » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:13 pm

Noblehammer wrote:Hmm dont mean to nitpick but i think when you say this you are referring to critical strikes rather than crushing blows.

If you get over 490 defense then you are uncrittable which is ofc needed for any sort of tank.
However you are not uncrushable, base crushing blows is 15% for a mob, and the only way to knock crushing blows off the attack table is to some how acheive either a 100% block rating or dodge, maybe this is acheivable however it would require amazing gear and would have to take stats from other stuff like stam. (although i think rogues can get pretty high dodge)...

For Paladins to get uncrushable they need to use +block items. However there are several talents in the Prot tree that go a long way to helping that. Redoubt (damaging mob melee and ranged attacks against the Pally have a chance to increase the Pally's % chance to Block) and Holy Shield (Active talent, increases chance to Block an attack by 30% for 10 secs or four Blocks and if an attack is blocked, 185 Holy damage is done against the attacker. The Improved version ups the number to 8 Blocks and increase the amount of Holy damage) are the two talents in question. Tankadins do not want to Dodge, they want that mob to hit them. The reason why is much of their damage is Reflective. That means, you hit the Tankadin, you get hurt. This one of the main ways a Tankadin holds Aggro, mobs don't like getting hurt when they hit you. This the reason why the Protection tree has been described as the most sadistic of the Paladin talent trees.

I can't tell what Xirouz's Block rating is right now, since he is a fresh transfer to BB, the Armory does not have his profile right now.
Theseus

Postby Noblehammer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm

Theseus wrote:
Noblehammer wrote:Hmm dont mean to nitpick but i think when you say this you are referring to critical strikes rather than crushing blows.

However you are not uncrushable, base crushing blows is 15% for a mob, and the only way to knock crushing blows off the attack table is to some how acheive either a 100% block rating or dodge, maybe this is acheivable however it would require amazing gear and would have to take stats from other stuff like stam. (although i think rogues can get pretty high dodge)...

For Paladins to get uncrushable they need to use +block items. However there are several talents in the Prot tree that go a long way to helping that. Redoubt (damaging mob melee and ranged attacks against the Pally have a chance to increase the Pally's % chance to Block) and Holy Shield (Active talent, increases chance to Block an attack by 30% for 10 secs or four Blocks and if an attack is blocked, 185 Holy damage is done against the attacker. The Improved version ups the number to 8 Blocks and increase the amount of Holy damage) are the two talents in question. Tankadins do not want to Dodge, they want that mob to hit them. The reason why is much of their damage is Reflective. That means, you hit the Tankadin, you get hurt. This one of the main ways a Tankadin holds Aggro, mobs don't like getting hurt when they hit you. This the reason why the Protection tree has been described as the most sadistic of the Paladin talent trees.

I can't tell what Xirouz's Block rating is right now, since he is a fresh transfer to BB, the Armory does not have his profile right now.

yep i get wat ur saying thes, and the prot pally probably blocks alot but dont forgot a warrior spamming shield block will also acheive extremely high block rating for a few seconds, but i still think he means when he gears for a specific threshold he is refering to the defense cap of 490 which refers to critical strike.

and becasue of the nature of prot pallys the only time when they are gonna see lots of blocking attacks is against lots of mobs at one times and in that situation crushing blows are completely irrelevant as crushing blows scales with damage done.

so the only time when a good geared tankadin will get near the un-crushable threshold is when multi mob tanking and there it is pointless.
infact the only time when being uncrushable is of any use to anyone is when being hit by a 25 man boss.
Noblehammer

Postby Somnus » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:12 pm

Solid app, nice gear, good person. Would be good to see you here.

Prot pallys ftw!

Gl matey
Somnus

Next

Return to Recruitment