JOINED | Themark

Moderator: Officers

Postby Neud » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:58 am

I have never actually played with a full retri paladin, at least not that I am aware of:)

Ain't sure that pure dps-wise retri pally may be on top (still some encounters are not really melee friendly, and also we have many players who do very good dps), but at the same time judges of light and wisdom on the boss would be nice to have, as well as additional blessings.

Themark, you mentioned your buff (3% more damage to melee and spell casters). Sounds good, but.... what about ranged physical dps (i.e. hunters) - does it buff hunters too?

It goes without saying, that considering current situation in guild, healing paladin, and even protection paladin might be a bit more useful, but.... maybe it's also because we don't yet udnerstand retri pala specc well enough) An application per se is very solid and well prepared.
Kind regards
Neud, CFA

Neud

Postby Theseus » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:40 am

I think it would be a shame to not grab this guy. Myself I know the power of a Tankadin (since I have a Prot Paladin alt plus playing with Slam in Heroics). I have been reading up on the changes coming to Ret and it appears that Blizzard has finally pulled their head out their ass and made the Ret tree viable. Myself I would welcome the additional damage bonus that Imp Sanctity Aura brings (plus my Druid's Improved Leader of the Pack aura) and the fact that JoW/JoL can be kept up using Crusader Strike (free mana and healing, I will take that!) which can also stack with the healing my ILotP Aura brings. Not to mention some heavily armored DPS that can survive a Cleave or two (unlike us Cats and Rogues, "Hello Spirit Healer") and if needed pop an emergency heal or two. Too bad our healer situation is so dire.
Theseus

thx

Postby Themark » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:19 pm

Neud wrote:Themark, you mentioned your buff (3% more damage to melee and spell casters). Sounds good, but.... what about ranged physical dps (i.e. hunters) - does it buff hunters too?

it is a 3% more crit to all the damages the entire raid do on the same target of the ret paladin, trough his debuff. And is 2% more dmg(all kind of dmgs) to his party too. Plus you have to consider the improved Blessing of Might to give more atk power at rogues, hunters druids feral warriors, pets...

Even a monkey if take 5 minutes to look at the tree will understand it is fitted to work in raids, not more for pvp purpose(I have to say a holy ret build with right spell dmg gear actually perform better for pvp).

Out of that, I would say thanks for all this love, that was unexpected, and that put me into big troubles XD, if from one side I have waited and worked a lot to gain and wait those 2.3 changes(that ofc comes next week)and finally have a try to myself to test and improve myself, and going holy will take off all the joy of the incoming change. From the other side, all this kind of love tempt me also to give you a hint as holy, where I already know how I can perform, and all this kind of love maybe need to be rewarded with some heals too. As i have said you have putted me in hard trouble with all this love XD.

Will be a hard decision to take.

I don't have pretty good tank gear(epic sword, blue shield from quest reward in shadowmoon and some dungeon set) and actually have only tanked few times(with no protection spec) mobs in alterac valley, final one too, just 2 days ago I have offtanked heroic shadow lab, actually tanked preist add at high king(with dps gear), adds at curator, I' heard is pretty easy also with adds at Maghteridon, but never been there so I can't talk about it XD.

Anyway plus seem I will probally be out all the weekend, I can suggest to make also an heroic toghether, after 2.3 and see how that can work, I'm curious too to see how I can perform against well geared and skilled players. Best group for ret to be putted in is feral druid, hunter enach shammy and fury/arms war.
Themark

Postby Neud » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:24 pm

Themark, 3% crit do all damage to raid (i.e. even pets included) is great. I would say gief :)

Besides, apart from couple of slots, Themark's gear is of epic quality already, in this respect he might be geared enough to encounter TK/SSC bosses (and given plate dps armor is not what our regular raiders are looking for in the first place, Themark doesn't seem to create a lot of additional competition for loot. Other plate wearers we have are all tanks or healers and thus need different stats)
Last edited by Neud on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kind regards
Neud, CFA

Neud

Postby Theseus » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:31 pm

I have to say a holy ret build with right spell dmg gear actually perform better for pvp)

Ah the Shockadin build. Everything I have read says its is a good PvP build and a decent PvE build (provide you have both a +Spell Dmg set and a +Healing set). You dish out pain in PvP and heal in PvE. I played with this build back on the Patch 2.2 PTR. Its a pretty solid build although since my pally alt is Prot, I kept trying to look for my Holy Shield button.
Theseus

Postby Jura » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:42 pm

well..we can try to do some heroic this week, or maybe you can join Kara for test run this weekend just to see.

I'm really curios if retri pally can work or can't in raid. The biggest problem we currently have is that we have alot of DPSers in guild already, so some need to stay away while others raid. On the other hand, we need to yell and scream for healers and tanks to come. That is problem as we try to be fair to our current guild members.

All those points you are making make big sense. However, from my RL POV, i can say this:
- retri can't compare with rouge or DPS warrior in dps meters.
- extra mage or lock in group=extra CC and again bigger DPS then from retri warrior
- they should nerf BM hunters. enough said:D

What I like about extra paly in raid is extra blessing and possible healer when needed, and 1 more DI when you wipe and have trash respawned.

You seem like nice guy and lots of guildies have really nice words for you. So, as I said in first sentence> lets try to make test run and see...
Jura
Nerf me!

Postby Neud » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:45 pm

Omg Jura, what for? We BM hunters don't need any nerfs, have mercy please :)
Kind regards
Neud, CFA

Neud

Postby Skibba » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:01 pm

Jura wrote:- retri can't compare with rouge or DPS warrior in dps meters.

Retri palies cant compare with 'Rouge' ???

Image Image

"Rouge (ruːʒ; French: Red), also called Blush, is a cosmetic typically used by women to redden the cheeks so as to provide a more youthful appearance, and to emphasise the cheekbones."

I dont know if you not comparing well to womens makeup is a good or bad thing? :D

Image Image Image

"Rogue: Damage class. The rogue is a shadowy assassin that can "stealth" to avoid being seen by enemies (providing near-invisibility). The rogue deals damage by dual-wielding melee weapons such as daggers or swords."

Sorry, I couldnt help myself :twisted:

SKibba

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

Postby Jura » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:13 pm

i'm bleeeding:D nice one skibba!
Jura
Nerf me!

Postby Slamdorff » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:25 pm

How can we say no to a player who in less than 24 hours generate a record for posts replying to his application. Most of them positive too.

;)
Slamdorff

Postby Adamantite » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:27 pm

Slamdorff wrote:How can we say no to a player who in less than 24 hours generate a record for posts replying to his application. Most of them positive too.

;)

I'm almost certain I can make a post which gives more resonse, but I'm not sure I'll be allowed to stay in Serenity then :).
Adamantite

Postby Jura » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:30 pm

does it have anything to do with goat?
Jura
Nerf me!

Postby Adamantite » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Jura wrote:does it have anything to do with goat?

My lawer says, I'm not allowed to comment on that. After what happend last month at the in the football stadium, I have to keep a low profile. Also Benny Lava doesn't want to talk to me anymore.
Adamantite

Postby Slamdorff » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:38 pm

There is no evidence. I ate the yellow goat.

Replies to an application post I meant ofc - could be misunderstood I see now (if you really wanted to;=).

Back to topic:

GIEEEEEF THEMARK..........
Slamdorff

Postby Skibba » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:43 pm

When you say Goat, do you mean 'Goatse.cx' ...... that infamous internet photo of the guy with an arsehole so loose that my head would fit in it?

Also reminds me of 'Tubgirl' and 'Lemonparty.org'

God bless the internet.

"That's true. He's funny, but he's not that funny. I'll take a dick over a smile any day. . . . . Yes, I will." - Eddie Murphy - Raw
Skibba

PreviousNext

Return to Recruitment