JOINED | Themark

Moderator: Officers

JOINED | Themark

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:35 pm

(x) YES ( ) NO Note: by ticking YES, you agree follow the guild charter.

In game name: Themark

Class: Paladin

Race: Human

Level: 70

Current build: 10/0/51, going for 5/0/56 after 2.3(next week)

Professions: Bs and miner both 375

Rare or useful recipes/formulas: unlucky in drops XD so no one

Flying mount?: Yes

Keys and Attunements (Pre-BC): Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Onyxia

Keys and Attunement (BC): all Heroics, Karazhan

Current gear and why you use it. Please give us an idea of your current gear:
I have t4 gloves, and 3/5 merciless gladiator(chest helm and shoulders) all for retribution, why coz I dps(for the one will start to laugh better he stop specially if he have never seen me in action XD)

- Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Themark

Time you are typically online during the week and the weekends?
during week usually 20-20:30 server time till 2-4 am XD, weekends I prefer go out with friends.

Can you play at our planned raiding times which can be any day typically from 9pm - 1am server time?
Yes I can

Is this your main character?
Yes is my main and only one

Former guilds on Bronzebeard
So started with Italian Knights, then The Irregulars(a guild I still appreciate a lot), Silverwing angels(disbanded), Aurei Serpentis(kicked before the start of tbc coz of an issue with class leader), with tbc Alter Ego where I was recruit officer and class leader, unfortunately this guild was disbanded too, so then very short time in Eternals, not so Eternals coz they disbanded too, actually on Mater Tenebrarum.(Pretty long list XD)

- Why did you leave your former guilds?
As you read pretty all where cause of disband, rest well find a the right place isn't easy anyway.

Why do you want to join Serenity?
I'm looking for a mature and funny guild from my start on this server, so looking at you seem you are pretty like this.

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you?
Yes I know some of your members, I hate write names of friends, seem I force them to write or tell something good about me, I prefer they do themself.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? (x) YES ( ) NO raided with pure loot sistem unable to get the item I was needing for months, so anything is better XD

Describe yourself and why we should pick you:
I'm a good and funny(well I hope to be funny)player that know his class pretty well and know how to play, I hate write this of me, I like more when ppls whisp it to me at the end of a raid or instance ;). Why I'm ret specced, well it is how this melee class is meant to be played and why I have picked up it, pre tbc unfortunately several patches ruined this spec, making Paladins only healbot decursers, with tbc blizz fixed a bit the spec but not enough, but anyway a step in the right direction, with great effort of me and all the ret paladins community specially the lucky ones being into high end guilds allowing them to retdps we have provided loads of data to blizz to improve and fix us more, so this is coming in patch 2.3 a mathematical calculated 40% dps increased, finally a 30% passive treath reduction (here is new 2.3 talent tree http://talents.utimer.ppvh.eu/?p=vt&i=4 ... 3125331051 ), maybe the spec need other 2 lesser fixes that probally wil come with 2.4, but finally ret paladins have gained what they was wanting at most, raid viability.
Why take a retribution paladin? Out of his personal dps he will increase by 3% the crit on his target both melee and spell to all the raid trough debuff, 2% more dmg to his group trough improved sanc aura. But the best and nicest thing is that finally the other paladins in the raid can safely judge the boss with light and wisdom, and go back at heal(or tank), the ret paladin will refresh those judgements trough crusader strike giving the raid an insane healing and mana regen, more than a shadow preist do. The actual Ret paladin (2.2) is alrady good enough(while anyway treath capped) to show up inside first 10 dpser into 25 mans (here a link to ret paladin vs teron gorefiend http://stage6.divx.com/user/Cromfel/vid ... i_VS_Teron) and ofc with 2.3 that will go more better(here is a link at my first try ever into zul aman, all ppls t4 and 5 geared, except of shaman and tanks, this was made without the treath reduction talent, so I am the pink bar that float from 4th to 2nd postion on dps done http://files.filefront.com/zulamanavi/; ... einfo.html ). So yes padins can dps and have enough utility for raid, plus have to mind(if geared too) able to offtank, like that wclass was minded to do in the start of this game. My only hope is finally ppls start to change the view about paladins, like they have maked on shadow preist and feral druids.

Other information that you may want to share with us that may affect your application (work, family):
Well I work into a computer repair/build assistance shop(I'm the factotum XD), actually I live with my family (LFGirl XD), I like honest ppls, and who don't have fear to tell what he mind in your face. For the rest if you wanna know me more have only to play and talk with me :)

(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Intro to Serenity
(x) I have read the Forum sticky: Guild Rules and Goals

Bye Bye and happy haunting

Themark

Postby Theseus » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:16 pm

Ciao Themark!

Nice application. I do not know if we have a spot for a Ret Pally (have to talk with the other officers) as we are hurting for "healbots" right now.

Nice to see someone else from Italy around (I am not Italian but I live in Italy, my Italian sucks though).
Theseus

Postby Hinsur » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:28 am

NO, we arent accepting any retri atm. We got enough dps.
Holy pallys, we do want....
Hinsur

Postby Mjölnir » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:51 am

Very solid application Themark, your explanation about retri paly is also very interesting. It shows that you know your class pretty well. Unfortunatly its atm like that that we have very very much dps and struggling a bit to get the right numbers of healers.

And i guess you would go under no circumstances healing or would you ?
Mjölnir

Postby Mikah » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:58 am

Like Mjolnir said, we unfortunately have a few healers that have stopped raiding or have respecced to dps due to be completely bored/burned out with healing.

Because of that, we currently have an excess of dpser, but sometimes have to cancel raids because of lack of healer, which is really a shame.

If you are willing to come as holy, until we clear the healer situation, we would probably consider hiring you. However, I am afraid that we do not have a spot available for a dps of any sort at this time.

Really too bad, as you have made a lot of effort in your application, and seems to be a very good player.
Mikah

Postby Noblehammer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:07 am

had a bad experience with this guy in another guild, which i didnt think was very fair at the time.

however that was along time ago, but still...
Noblehammer

Postby Meiyo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:19 am

hello themark! :)
i know him since we made"alter ego"(fusion with"carpe diem")and he got my vouch for sure.as he's a modest guy when he talks about himself... :arrow: active player,skilled with his pally,very funny(remember when u got stuck in SW mate?:))),helpful and most of all ...a dedicated player.i'm sure that a raid will benefit very much with him arround.i hope very much you'll get a place in guild...would be a wise choice.as i know u..i dont know if u would respecc just for beeing accepted tho i remember u did that many times in the early "alter ego" just for a raid to happen or help your mates(those dungeons times...:))
good luck mate!wish u the best
Meiyo

Postby Hinsur » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:23 am

have talked a bit to him...nice guy very nice, but have told him that dps is closed, esp pally retri.
Hinsur

Postby Selo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:27 am

gief themark!! i know him for ages :D so maybe he stops spamming my charbar with tears. hope to see your smileys instead of tears in whispers mate :wink:
Selo

Postby Anthril » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:56 am

Ciao themark sono italiano!
Seems quite good application and i'd love someone to spam whispers in ita;
GOGOGO!!
Anthril - 70 Restoration Druid - Bronzebeard EU
Jamila - 70 Ice/Arcane Mage - Moonglade EU
Linny - 60 Combat Rogue - Moonglade EU
Mithin - 33 Beastmastery Hunter - Moonglade EU
Anthril

Postby Tusvor » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:49 am

VERY solid application...I know him from Alter Ego as well..he recruited me :P.....very very skilled player and imo it would be a shame letting him go....
Tusvor

Postby Adamantite » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:56 am

Hi Themark.

I think your application really shows what a solid kind of guy you are, and how dedicated and skilled you are when it comes to playing a retribution palladin. Chances of you respecing are zip I guess!

I still remember the talk I had with you, when you where the recruitment officer at Alter Ego, and would love to have you around in Serenity. I also know, that you have big problems getting guilds to accept a retribution paladin in rading guilds, and I have to admit, when it comes to retribution paladin, I know close to nothing. It must be very frustrating to be convinced of your class and branch and not being able to raid.

Unfortunately, like several guildies mentioned, are we in dire need of healers and have just around the right amount of dps'ers. So if you where to join, it could only be on a standby position (dps) on raids, when not enough players will show up. However, 5-men heroic and a rare 25-man run might be all you need to convince me and others of a retribution paladin. Also we have recently seen other guilds convincing members to quit Serenity, so who knows what the future may hold for you.

/Aiwendel
Adamantite

Postby Slamdorff » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:25 am

GIEF THEMARK!!

Themark is one of the most skillful and dedicated paladins on this server. He is the ultimate teamplayer, and of course he can make enough dps to justify his class.

He will bring joy, happiness and fun moments in our guild. And he will add to the progression too.

There is a reason why paladins have 3 gearsets - it's because Blizz find all three a viable choice for solid progression. Themark knows how to handle his set.

So often we lack ppl to sign up for 25-man, so often we have to few paladins to buff properly and of course we are the guild to give a man a chance to show the benefits of his playing choice.

Gief true gaming. Gief Serenity all aspects of WOW. Gief a chance.

Gief Themark.
...and then kick his ass if he doesn't perform to your liking in trial period.

Themarks truly,

Slam
A pally in another class
Slamdorff

Postby Anthril » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:29 am

I think he could think also to protection...having only slamdorff in that blessed role is a pain 8)
Anthril - 70 Restoration Druid - Bronzebeard EU
Jamila - 70 Ice/Arcane Mage - Moonglade EU
Linny - 60 Combat Rogue - Moonglade EU
Mithin - 33 Beastmastery Hunter - Moonglade EU
Anthril

Postby Jura » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:57 am

hmm...tanking paly..one more...hmm.....tempting....:D
Jura
Nerf me!

Next

Return to Recruitment