JOINED | Tank and healer - Trailion/Razon

Moderator: Officers

JOINED | Tank and healer - Trailion/Razon

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:54 pm

In game name: Trailion and Razon

Class: warrior and Paladin

Race: Both Human

Level: 70 both

Current build: PvP spec on warrior atm and Paladin is tank atm but has better healing gear.

Professions: Mining and BS on both

Rare or useful recipes/formulas: Nope :)

Flying mount?: 60%

Keys and Attunements (Pre-BC): All :p

Keys and Attunement (BC): warrior attuned to all Hero instances and Kara ofc, pally only Kara and a few hero instances.

Current gear and why you use it. Please give us an idea of your current gear: uve seen my warriors gear :)

- Link to your Armory, CTProfiles, or RPGOutfitters page?

Time you are typically online during the week and the weekends? im on work thursday and tuesday and i cant raid there .. the only thing that will keep me from raiding all other days is sudden "RL" arangements. but ill raid as often as i can.

Can you play at our planned raiding times which can be any day typically from 9pm - 1am server time? Yes ill do my best.

Is this your main character? My warrior is.

Former guilds on Bronzebeard Order of the holy flame(before TBC) Under Pressure, The stoppable force.

- Why did you leave your former guilds? they dont like my raid times.

Why do you want to join Serenity? Have my best friends in there and hopefully gonna do more raids :)

Any member in Serenity that can vouch for you? Tromper.

We are planning on using a Suicide Kings loot distribution system, do you agree with this? ( ) YES ( ) NO
Ofc :)

Describe yourself and why we should pick you: Im an experienced player. :p

Other information that you may want to share with us that may affect your application (work, family): only my sudden "RL" arangements that might affect my raiding .. but ill do my best to show up as often as i can.

Postby igby » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:10 am

joined 10/09/07
igby

Postby Adamantite » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:14 am

So you are using your warrior for dps and paladin for tank :)?
Adamantite

Postby Theseus » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 am

"Tankadins" can kick some serious ass. Especially if you have a group of mobs, the mage(s) can sheep casters while the Paladin deals with the Melee.

Vs a group of Melee a Pally Tank really shines as every time the Melee mobs hit the Pally there is a good chance of the Mob getting damage (Holy, other magic schools or normal depending on Enchants, Shield procs, and Auras in use) which really pisses the mobs off. Plus Prot specced Pallys have a great pulling tool in Avenger's Shield (the "Capitan America" spell) which can hit up to 3 targets, dealing a nice chunk of Holy damage and slows the mobs down.

Combine an Avenger's Shield Pull with a quick Judgement of Righteousness and the group's DPS can almost immediately go to work burning the mobs down. Plus the Pally can keep that group of mobs stuck on him by using Holy Shield (increase chance to block, plus deal Holy Damage when the Pally blocks), Blessing of Sanctuary (decrease the amount of Damage taken plus deals Holy Damage with a Shield Block), a Shield Spike (deals damage when the shield user blocks), Righteous Fury (Holy Spells increase threat plus when Improved RF is taken damage taken is reduced and threat is increased). It is very difficult to peel aggro of a Pally once he has a group of mobs well and truly aggroed. I know as I have a Prot Pally (Horde side) and I have grouped with Pally Tanks. My Pally loves to surprise Melee Players (Rogues, Feral Druids, Warriors etc) in PvP as the faster you hit him, the faster you die.
Theseus

Postby Mjölnir » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:29 pm

Joined 11.09.07
Mjölnir

Pally tanks

Postby Noblehammer » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:06 pm

Sounds like pally tanks are the ones to go for in heroics, but what is there damage mitigation like.

And who then do you think is better for heroics multi mob tanking, feral druids or pally tanks (both with equal gear)?

warriors arent the best for multi mob tanking i guess but i think we still own at the raid bosses, but if pally was used as OT in raid would feral druid still have advantage becasue of no mana consumption or do pallys not use that much mana while still holding threat levels?
Noblehammer

Re: Pally tanks

Postby Theseus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:25 am

Noblehammer wrote:Sounds like pally tanks are the ones to go for in heroics, but what is there damage mitigation like.

And who then do you think is better for heroics multi mob tanking, feral druids or pally tanks (both with equal gear)?

warriors arent the best for multi mob tanking i guess but i think we still own at the raid bosses, but if pally was used as OT in raid would feral druid still have advantage becasue of no mana consumption or do pallys not use that much mana while still holding threat levels?

Stats wise, a Warrior or Feral Druid would have the edge due to higher HPs and a better selection of gear. The gear issue will be fixed in Patch 2.3 with Zul'Aman and later 2.4 with the Sunwell Plateau. Damage mitigation is pretty good, with the use of Blessing of Sanctuary, Improved Righteous Fury and Devotion Aura. Plus though in normal Shield Block and Holy Shield and the damage mitigation is better.

With multi mob tanking, a Pally comes out on top due use of things like Consecration and and Ret Aura. Plus if the Pally can keep the mobs in front of him then Holy Shield comes into play. Thus you will see Pally tanks "dance around" alot.

Each tank class has it strengths and weaknesses. For resist based fights or fights that involve needing to interrupt casters (and you do not have a rogue) then I want a Prot Warrior. For fights where the mobs or boss dishes out a lot of steady Physical pain, then a Bear since they can soak it up. For multi mob fights (like SH or SLabs), then a Pally tank. For multimob tanking, Pallys. Regarding Mana usage with Pallys is if they get healed they regen Mana. So healers it is a good idea to always keep heals on the Pally tank. Think of a Tankadin's Mana bar as a blue coloured Rage bar.
Theseus

Return to Recruitment